Winter

-
So anybody still grab a shovel or is everybody using snowblowers or plows?

I still shovel the porch, ramp, all around the porch and ramp, up by the garage and around the parts car sitting outside, and throw it all in the driveway. Then I plow it with the ram to the other side of the drive. I also plow a spot across the street to park our cars while I do the driveway, and also all my neighbors driveways!

I'm a shoveler, my 4 car driveway, the neighbors 4 car driveway, (he had a stroke, wife is 76 and their kids don't help). Then I do the parking lot at the shop, about 8 parking spots. The son helps at the shop and if it's over 6 inches one of the local farmers will hit it with a plow.

I still shovel. Shoveled every day this week., and again tomorrow. We have had over a foot this week. I'm ready for a break.
Waiting for spring

Dave

I have a long driveway ... double wide in front of the shop along with the walkways,decks,coverall and firewood and as long as it's not over 4 or 5 inches i grab the shovel.Sometimes it's hard to get going but i know i'm going to feel great when i'm done.
A big storm and i get the snowblower out.

I use a shovel on sidewalks and use my son and snowblower on everything else if the snow gets real deep I'll get out the old Allis tractor and blade

I used to shovel a path from the porch to the bus for Nella every day, sometimes twice if it snowed while she was at school. It's kind of a long way so I traded a microwave oven for this plow truck. Now I can hit the whole drive in about 10 minutes, although I still have a lot of shoveling.

IMG_3132.JPG

If we get a big snowfall it's easier to shovel twice...scrape it at 4 or 5" and again when it's over clean up the last 3 or 4".
I had my heart attack scraping the undercoating off my Dart!

You lucky guys with snow. I just tried to leave my house, and my street is a solid sheet of ice. Locked in 4wd, and still almost ended up in the neighbors yard.

I don't want to talk about it. Our 70 Dodge half ton project. Not lifted, on flat tires, garbage can for perspective...

IMG_1186.JPG

I always play this with the first cold snap that doesn't let up.

Kind of sounds like Cream meets Black Sabbath with a crazy whammy bar solo at the end and trippy alt L/R stereo.

Very under rated

I used to shovel a path from the porch to the bus for Nella every day, sometimes twice if it snowed while she was at school. It's kind of a long way so I traded a microwave oven for this plow truck. Now I can hit the whole drive in about 10 minutes, although I still have a lot of shoveling.

View attachment 1715140774
HELL OF A TRADE !!

HELL OF A TRADE !!

What it lacks in charm, it make up for in rust!! But it only has to last till spring, then I'm taking the drivetrain and putting it into my new plow truck and scrapping the body.....if there's anything left that is!!

IMG_4185.JPG

I always play this with the first cold snap that doesn't let up.

Kind of sounds like Cream meets Black Sabbath with a crazy whammy bar solo at the end and trippy alt L/R stereo.

Very under rated

could be worse, you could be listening to this

What it lacks in charm, it make up for in rust!! But it only has to last till spring, then I'm taking the drivetrain and putting it into my new plow truck and scrapping the body.....if there's anything left that is!!

View attachment 1715141192

that is a nice looking plow...but dont you think your gonna miss the extra cab space of the trailduster?

could be worse, you could be listening to this

that is a nice looking plow...but dont you think your gonna miss the extra cab space of the trailduster?

That's why my brother is doing a Ramcharger and I'm getting the truck. I don't mind not having the indoor storage facility, it just gets full of car parts!!

Its going to get warmer here tomorrow and the rest of the week. Spring is on the way.

Teens... Lucky bastards.
have been down to 4, 7 and teens this winter here. Have 50 today 70 tomorrow and thurs on tap, then a little more cold and back to the 40`s and 50`s . Planning on getting the fish out tomorrow !

-
Back