winterize?

-

fastoldman

Reaction score
I have a 340/727 mounted on the K frame on a stand. It has headers,starter,steering box,power steering pump, all installed. The engine has dyno time only with no anti-freeze. My shop will not be heated this winter and it is in Maine.(COLD!) How can I get anti-freeze in the block, or water out? Can't get at the block drain plug without a lot of work. Does anyone here know how I might pump anti-freeze using the waterpump?

I have a 340/727 mounted on the K frame on a stand. It has headers,starter,steering box,power steering pump, all installed. The engine has dyno time only with no anti-freeze. My shop will not be heated this winter and it is in Maine.(COLD!) How can I get anti-freeze in the block, or water out? Can't get at the block drain plug without a lot of work. Does anyone here know how I might pump anti-freeze using the waterpump?

Take the time to pull the plugs or do as we do in our boat and pour antifreeze in until it starts coming out.

Hook lower hose up and run it into a bucket, fill from the top pure antifreeze, once it starts coming out looking like diluted check the antifreeze level keep filling till it is low enough for your area.

But really what do you have to do to pull the plugs? If you do pull the plugs then seal the inlet and outlet & use RV antifreeze to protect the metal

Just a suggestion

On the left side I can't get my hand in by the headers, steering box, and wide milodon oil pan. I would have to pull the header to pull the drain plug. Thought maybe I could circulate with the waterpump somehow. Maybe plug inlet and outlet and use heater hoses? Just asking. Thanks

Might sound crazy and might be too much work but I guess you could hook a radiator up and spin the water pump with and electric motor.

Might sound crazy and might be too much work but I guess you could hook a radiator up and spin the water pump with and electric motor.

Yep....might be less work to just gain access to the drain plugs....

Looks like I'm pulling a header tomorrow! Thanks for the input guys.

-
Back