Wiper Blades???

-

zcook13

Reaction score
Hello everyone. This may be a weird question, but what exact wiper blades go on my car? I have a 70 dodge dart and want to keep the metal holders. Can I buy replacement blades or do I have to buy the newer style of wiper blades??

I had the same problem, found Napa #60-1647 Will work, only thing it's the refill and the metal bracket it slides into. Its for an early 60s dodge but the refill is the same, so basically your pulling the refill out and discarding the bracket. It cost me a little more but I needed them right away, I will be watching this post to see if anyone has a line on just refills!

Look at these.

RockAuto.com

Anco, tri co, couple companies carry just the refills yet.
Found these on ebay,

Picture Information

Image is loading ANCO-31-Series-Windshield-Wiper-Blade-Refill-U-15R

Mouse over image to zoom

Stock photo

Details about ANCO 31-Series Windshield Wiper Blade Refill U-15R

Buy a case of the refills. Literally just swap the rubber out and put new in the bracket. It's worth the money to buy more than one pair, sometimes they're hard to find.

Also napa listed a refill but it was to narrow to fit in the stock metal holder, so I've been hesitant to order the ones online.

You can order the refill blades from the parts store.

They like to try to sell you the whole blade assy instead.... (more $$$...)

I like the Anco refills they start with the part number 11-x

Substitute the blade length in inches for x

Took me three trips to autozone to get this right.

First trip, they told me they only had the modern style replacements that replace everything by clipping onto the wiper arm. It was the dead of winter and needed wipers so I said okay and got a set.

Got the new wipers home and they wouldn't attach to the wiper arm. Back to autozone I went and found out they forgot to give me the little adapters to make these wipers work on old vehicles.

Adapters in hand, I went back home only to find that the adapters wouldn't work either. They use a screw to attach to the arm and my wiper arms had no hole for the screw.

Third trip to autozone. Told them the problem, then magically they happened to have the normal replacement blades (which are conveniently far cheaper than the modern replacements...)

So yeah, you want a 14" wiper blade refill. The old blade slides out and the new one slides right in.

-
Back