Wiper Delay Switch

-

JGC403

Reaction score
Did some cars come with a Delay setting on the windshield wiper switch instead of just low and high? I use my Duster as a DD and just having the low and high setting is kind of annoying.

yes --some had variable speed wipers-- but most are either 2 or 3 speed, Lawrence

yes --some had variable speed wipers-- but most are either 2 or 3 speed, Lawrence

A 3 speed one would be a step in the right direction. Any particular car have them?

There are aftermarket kits available to convert yours to time delay. JC Whitney carries them.

I wanted to keep it stock looking, so i didn't want to use an aftermarket one unless I had to. Is anyone re-making the factory switches?

what year is your car? many cars had 3 speed wipers. Lawrence

You can also wire in intermittant button to the wiper park wire so you don't have to keep reaching up to make one sweep.
You can put the button almost anywhere.

The one push equals one complete sweep is very easy in the earlier wiper wiring.
It's not so easy in the later model circuits. Those will stop at less than a complete sweep and reverse back to the park position.

The one push equals one complete sweep is very easy in the earlier wiper wiring.
It's not so easy in the later model circuits. Those will stop at less than a complete sweep and reverse back to the park position.

Yep, you would have to hold the button until the wiper passes the half way point on the winshield.
That 's what it would take in my 73 with 3 speed wiper anyway.

-
Back