wiper frenzy

-

rdb

Reaction score
64 Dart specific -- were some wipers 2 fixed speeds (slow / fast) and then maybe others had an option of (an attempt, anyway) of variable speed. I recall my 64 Dart of decades ago had 2 set speeds. The one now has this variable speed thing --and it's not all that great.

Reason I ask is that a while ago my guys tried to install an intermittent Wiper control and no luck... and they really spent some time on it. I wondered if this failed because of the kind of unit I bought (maybe a dfferent control would work) OR if it is something about the wiper control on the dash.. .the way it is wired up to work in this incremental speed type of thing.

Would 2 different types of wiper motors have been used. What's on your 64's?

Thanks ,

Bob B

Yes there are 2 speed and 3 speed systems. Motors, switches, and the wiring between them, all different.

Yes there are 2 speed and 3 speed systems. Motors, switches, and the wiring between them, all different.
Sounds like it would be a big deal then to get intermittent wipers going. I had heard ofa single speed option... like one step up from vacuum operation....

But I remember the 2 set speeds, and but now I am stuck w/ this dopey variable setup.

From what I've read, the problem with aftermarket intermittent governors on Chrysler wiper systems is usually in the park position and/or how that is wired. They work but they stop anywhere/everywhere. I'm pretty sure if one was to remove the ground strap at the motor and route that ground into the cab where the governor could signal it, the battle could be won. Since I needed only a scotch lock connecting 2 wires to get a 1 button push equals 1 sweep and home again intermittent operation from my Chrysler wipers, I never fought the battle. I don't drive her in the rain enough to worry with it. good luck with yours though

-
Back