wiper motor problem

-

DartSportDude

Old school A-body owner
Reaction score
I recently purchased a re-manned 2-speed wiper motor for my '73 Dart Sport 340. The motor was purchased from the Paddock. When we went to install the motor, we discovered the arm at the back of the motor (connecting to the wiper arm linkage through the firewall) was too large.

According to the Paddock's supplier, there was only one model/size of 2-speed wiper motor used in 68-74 a-bodies. Does anyone here know if there were two different part numbers for these motors in the 68-74 timeframe?? It seems that some of the motors were built with a larger arm.

Thanks for the help!

DSD,

There are 2 part numbers just for the 1973 wipe mtr.

3431605 up to 2/1/73

3431730 after 2/1/73

These are build dates.

Thanks,

abodybill:

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you happen to know if there are any physical differences in the motors, or just different part numbers?

try flipping it over, i had a similar problem with our Barracuda until I realized the PO had installed it upside down!

Baucco:

What do you mean by flipping it over? Are you referring to the entire wiper motor itself (I don't think so, since the casing will only mount one way to the firewall), or do you mean the connection arm that comes out of the rear of the motor? Thanks!

DSD,
They are different in the output shaft size and the arm that goes onto it.

I found out the hard way as I bought a NOS one and it was for the later model with the bigger shaft.

Just so you know.

Thanks,Bill

-
Back