Wiper Motor Repair

-

wheelsport

Reaction score
Ever since I've owned my '65 Barracuda the wipe motor has given me trouble. The wiper motor would pop the circuit breaker after a couple swipes. Being caught in the rain was troublesome. Over the years I've searched high and low for replacement motor without success. I found a few sources for rebuilding these motors that were charging over $500. Two weeks ago I had some free time and decided to search eBay again for a possible remedy to my problem. To my surprise there is an add for wiper motor rebuild by David Bass in Salem, Oregon. David will rebuild your wiper motor for $279 plus the shipping cost to his address. I contacted David and sent him my wiper motor on a Tuesday. The next Wednesday I had a completely rebuilt wiper motor in my hands. If you need his services, give him a call at 503-551-0453.

Did you run a wanted ad here on FABO? I'm sure some good used ones are out there depending on which one you have. They make a single speed (2 wire) and variable speed (4 wire) that year.

They will actually do that if the wipers are not installed correctly and they hit the bottom of the windshield gasket. Someone had installed the wiper arms on Vixen to far "down" when I got her and after correcting that, they never did it again. Just something to look at.

-
Back