Wiper Motor Restoration Question

-
Reaction score
Hello, looking for guidance on the best path to restore my wiper motor and assembly off of my 69 Formula S, either DIY or farming out. If sending out, I want to stay on West Coast as I'm in Washington State. There is supposedly someone pretty good in SoCal, but can't locate them
Thanks in advance!

wipermotor.jpg

I would like to do same thing on our 67. If you do a search on here you will find some entertaining threads on "Kim" a well known crackhead scamming *****, who owns this place.
Welcome to Passion4Mopars - Because Mopars Are My Passion Too
Hello, looking for guidance on the best path to restore my wiper motor and assembly off of my 69 Formula S, either DIY or farming out. If sending out, I want to stay on West Coast as I'm in Washington State. There is supposedly someone pretty good in SoCal, but can't locate them
Thanks in advance!

View attachment 1715863722

What kind of a restoration are you planning? Driver or concourse? The motor that you have posted looks like a 73 or newer model. I did mine ('71) and it's pretty straight forward unless you want things plated etc. The linkage gets bead blasted and I used cold galvanizing on them to help with rust. The pivots got cleaned in a parts tank and a couple of grease fittings added for lube...Again, pretty straight forward. BTW...I only changed parts that were required and I painted the motor housing black and left the gear housing natural.

I would like to do same thing on our 67. If you do a search on here you will find some entertaining threads on "Kim" a well known crackhead scamming *****, who owns this place.
Welcome to Passion4Mopars - Because Mopars Are My Passion Too
So tell us how you really feel. :poke:
I used her about 7 - 8 years ago on the Coronet's wiper motor. It was an ordeal to say the least. I eventually got my motor back, it looks good and it works, but never again.

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 1715863722
I am about 90% done with a 69 Barracuda wiper motor. It was off of a 69 parts car. I blew it apart, cleaned it thoroughly blasted it and powder coated it. I hope to get it assembled and tested tomorrow. It isn't really too hard. Take lots of pictures during the disassembly. You can do it. BTW, that does not look like the wiper motor on my 69 or the parts car motor.

-
Back