wiper motor wont "park"?? 74 duster

-

john27pa

74 360/904 Duster
Reaction score
My last wiper motor on my 74 duster decided it only wanted to work on high mach 3 speed. It never parked either. Anyway, bought a new wiper motor and it doesnt park either. Its a 3 speed motor. I think I got the first motor and switch from a 74 dart swinger/valiant junk/parts car. Or a different 74 duster. There is a brown wire coming from the firewall connector-wiper motor bulk connector-engine bay side that has a female spade connector end. I have no idea where that goes. Trying to find a wiring diagram for 74 duster on here still. What can be the reasons for wipers not "parking"? The brown wire that isnt connected is on the 3rd firewall bulk connector-closest to driver side fender and is at the top and on the right. Hope this all helps. Thanks in advance.

The only 74 manual I have is paper, so I"ll have to photo some pages for you. I sure wish "one of you" with a 74/ later electronic manual would send a copy so I can post stuff

found a digital copy here on site somewhere. Brown wire went to washer pump. Still cant get wipers to "park". I found a checklist that someone on site copied.
http://www.passion4mopars.com/How-To-Bench-Test-A-3-Speed-Mopar-Wiper-Motor_b_4.html

I will try this. I tried to run a ground from the wiper motor to the neg battery post and also ran one from the wiper switch to dash frame-wasnt good as battery because I was just pressing it against bare metal. But still shouldve done something. Time to go test between the rain drops. Anyone with any ideas?

Try the bench test on my website? If you don't have any luck, email me, pm me here or give me a call and I'll see if I can walk you through some things to try? We'll kick around some ideas anyway? Worst case scenario you can send it my way and I'll see what I can do with it on my bench and see if we can get your 3 speeds and park ;)

Thanks everyone-found problem. The spade terminal on wiper switch back labeled "P" was broke off. Now to find a new switch and change out some burned out bulbs on back of dash at same time.

-
Back