Wiper Motor

-
Wow $325! Thanks for the quick response. Any other suggestions? I've seen many pictures on here with my style wiper motor that look new. Are they all restored?

what year of car? 67? -- your style is variable speed-- vs the 2 speed style. Kim at passion for mopar is very good.
Keep looking for used -- they pop up-- you have to match the year because of slight differences. Lawrence

Thanks Lawrence! It's a 68 Barracuda. How can you tell it's a variable speed? I was assuming it was a 2 speed because the car isn't very optioned.

Be patient and keep watching.
I got mine for 35 bucks and it works perfect.

when you turn the wiper switch how many speeds does it have or is there a gap between the 2 and last setting on the switch?
If it clicks twice - two speed
3 times - 3 speed
2 with a gap between 3rd varible.
What is the part number on the barrel of the motor? And yes there is a leese neville that looks like a 3spd/varible that is a two speed.

Actually hold the brakes - What is yours doing that makes you believe you need a replacement. these things are pretty tough and there are some common problems that can be resolved without replacement.

3 speed --flat against firewall 2 speed sticks out away from firewall.
yours looks like an early 68--(similar to 67) so you will need to match that with a 67 to early 68 unit) I cannot find my hollander to find the date cut-off--- late 68 through 1970 are slightly different-- isn't this fun.

is your switch good?

Lawrence

The switch is good. I was looking for a clean part to go in with the fresh paint. I figured it would be cheaper to just buy a new one. I should have known...

Thanks for the help!

Make sure that it is grounded real well. I find that to be a problem many times. Also the wires coming out of the motor make sure the insulation isn't torn and grounding out against the frame of the wiper motor chassis.

if that unit still works--- remove it from the firewall -- degrease, then paint it -- will look good with minimal effort ,Lawrence

here is mine with a little de-grease, looked very similar to yours before paint ,Lawrence

Attachments

• summer2011 122 (Large).jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 173
-
Back