wiper switch nut

-

3404spdfish

Reaction score
20231210_140124.jpg
does anybody have slick way to remove the light and wiper switch flush nits on the dash. this is from a 65 barracuda, there must be some corrosion or something on the threads. because everything i tried so far will just get a flat or notch movement. i would rather not destroy them due to i don't have another set.

There is a special nut for that. You will hear to use a screwdriver etc, but you will risk damaging the plastic bezel. Google Mopar bezel nut tool

I've always used the tips of a small set of needle nose pliers, but as Steve mentioned, there is risk involved. Better to be safe than sorry.

There is a special nut for that. You will hear to use a screwdriver etc, but you will risk damaging the plastic bezel. Google Mopar bezel nut tool
Late 60's Ford trucks, Mustangs, and Corvettes and Camaros use these as well. Not sure how interchangeable they are, but I have two of them now (thought I had lost one, ordered a replacement, then found the first one), and after using it I wish I had bought one a LONG time ago.

Get the proper tool, make your own out of an old socket, carefully use needlenose pliers, or, tap it loose with a hammer and a small flat blade screwdriver. Start by soaking it in penetrating oil. I like to reach around to the back side and wiggle/twist the switch a bit to break the nut loose. Sometimes it will just spin off with your fingers.

I have the tool shown 2 floors up and it works good. Was a little scared at 1st because the fingers seemed thin. But it works.

thanks for the inputs and i think i will go with a deep socket and make. i was just being lazy

-
Back