Wipers stopped working!!

-

ChrisH

Reaction score
The wife's 68 Barracuda's wipers just stopped working. I replaced the switch with one I think is good. It was on my parts shelf so who knows if it is good. How do I trouble shoot this? If wifey ain't happy no one is!

If it ends up being the switch, you can send it out to be rebuilt at JS Restorations.

If any upgrades was made the whipper motor has a ballast/fuse under the hood I think, but like 1968FormulaS340 said it could be a connection in you bulk head going to the fuse box, I would think there is a fused link somewhere, but I could be wrong. a test light would be my best friend if I had this problem...... I don't have any info on a 68 Barracuda for a wiring diagram ... is there one here some where we can share ?

If they had not been used for a long period of time. Turn the wipers on and tap the wiper motor with the handle end of a screw driver a few times. The brushes sometimes "freeze up" and tapping the motor while in the "on position" will make enough electrical contact to get them going.

There's only one answer, and that is to follow the troubleshooting steps in the factory shop manual.

Download thread:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=244981

If you go to the MyMopar link, there's a 68 Plymouth manual there, see post no12 on that thread

The manuals at MyMopar don't utilize proper page numbering, they are consecutive. Index to the electrical section is on page 227

Wiper system starts on page 301

Specific tests start page 308. READ THAT carefully!! Be certain to pay attention to 2 vs 3 speed, they are different

-
Back