wire harnesses

-

65_valiant

Reaction score
Has anyone built thier own? I'm not wanting to spend thousands of dollars on buying one from a company that reproduces them.
How hard is it, and does anyone have a link to a site that has a schematic that i can use to build one of my own?

Has anyone built thier own? I'm not wanting to spend thousands of dollars on buying one from a company that reproduces them.
How hard is it, and does anyone have a link to a site that has a schematic that i can use to build one of my own?
I,ve bought 2 harnesses from FABO(underhood and under dash)for my 66 Dart.Both were in great shape,maybe post in the parts wanted forum?Someone will help ya out.:read2::-D

I have the factory 1965 Manual with wiring diagrams if you need anything for you car from that let me know so I can scan it and post for you.
Guy

if you have a wiring diagram and your old harness to refer to, it wont be too difficult. buying all the different color wire may get a little expensive, and all the terminals that go in the plastic plugs get a little pricey. and then you need a special crimp tool. (about 60 bucks on ebay) if you are going to stick with the factory style terminals. i believe thay are the packard 57 style. its been about a year since i wired my wagon. i went with an aftermarket harness. about 200 bucks i believe, and i still had to buy some extra terminals and wire to make it work on the mopar. which ever way you go, it will be cheaper than buying from year one though. goodluck.

I actually havent even tore into it yet. got a work area cleaned out from all around the car since its been sitting in my garage untouched for the last few years.

belmateo- i'll definatly keep that in mind when comes time to get into it. Thanks!

Slantscamp- I've got myself a pretty good hook up when it comes to wires, so the multiple colors thing shouldnt hurt TOO bad.

if you search on here a lotta people have got the "ez-wiring harness" thats universal. its only like $150-200 and has a fuse box and labled wires. lots of work but you can do it really clean. cudaspaz has it in his barracuda and it looks killer

just wanted to say thanks to tyler. everyone was pointing me to yearone for a new harness and i was just about to clean out my bank account to keep my dart from caching fire cause of my old wiring, that ez harness looks exactly like what i need and its got all those extra circuits to add on to my car later. you're a friggin lifesaver, thanks again

-
Back