Wires, What are they?

-
The neutral safety switch only allows energy to the starter when the transmission is not in gear. Short of consulting a wiring diagram for your car, you might be able to check the wires end-to-end using an ohmeter. At least that will locate the "other end" of the wires for you. Disconnect your battery when doing this however.

I don't know anything about wires, where they are from and where they are going. The picture shows a few wires that need to be attached somewhere, yet I have no clue as to what to do with them.
They are on the drivers side of the firewall.
Do they connect to a switch?
Do they have something to do with the starter?
Is there a box that they connect to?
I can't start the car until they are connected.
I do not know how to read wiring diagrams so they are useless to me.
Can someone help me!!
Thank you,
Sara

looks like electronic ign wires to me..

does that light blue wire have a yellow tracer on it?
green wire have a red tracer on it??

ecudia.jpg

the bare wire bolted to the body bolt of the starter relay is nothing. get rid of that. probably had a bad relay or no neutral saftey switch hooked up on it at one time and they grounded it with that.

I would suggest putting electronic ignition back in. I see it still has the dual ballast. Does it still have the voltage regulator? If so you'de just need a new distributor & ECU. Just a thought.
Looks like the PO has done some major hacking & bypassing in attempt to hook up the points system. Did it ever work with the key? Perhaps it was hooked to a pushbutton start.
As for "mystery wires", I would not attach any wires until I was 100% sure of their location. Double check the diagram(s) and also use a volt meter to see if any of the wires are hot(12vlt) with the key on. Have patience and work slow. It will come together.

Thank you for all of the help. I spent the other day with my dad at his home and he helped me learn about how to work a volt meter and a little schooling on reading diagrams. Today I spent the day tracing and labeling wires so I wouldn't forget what/where they go to.
The car did start with the key until the motor was changed out over a year ago. The last time this bee ran on the road was in 2005. I will get the electronic ignition and with the help of the diagram abodyjoe gave, I'll work on getting it in. There is a blue wire with a yellow stripe and a green wire with a red tracer on it in the cut wires. I traced both of those back to the dual ballast. (what does it do?) From there the wire goes to the alternator. When I look at the coil and the wires coming out of it, it doesn't look like the diagrams at all. There is a separate ballast(?) with both wires going into it and one to the distributor. I was told that it is ok to have it there. If so, then I can't hook the ignition wire up to it. I have identified the bull head on the diagram, however, I'm not sure how the diagram is to sit, so am I looking at the picture vertical or horizontal?
I'm not sure what the voltage regulator looks like and I don't know what an ECU is or what it looks like. I will try to find pics on the net. Any more insight would really help me along. Thank you!!
Ok, I just saw the 'ECU' on the diagram. Scratch the earlier thought.

I have identified the little rectangle box in the foreground of the picture to be the starter relay. Is this correct?

The little white rectangle box with 4 prongs is your ballast resistor. The brass coloured box that you've got the big red and big brown wire to, is your starter relay.
I would disconnect and remove the green wire on your starter relay that you have connected in with your big brown wire, and is also underneath the hex bolt. It looks to be a ground somebody once used, but the way it is connected now looks as if it is touching the big red wire, which goes to the positive terminal on your battery. If so, that is a dead short, and you want to avoid that.

My ignition is the old points. It was a mallory(spelling), but the crazy thing was way too high for the firewall and engine. No clearance. Anyway, like I said, I am way too dumb for all of the wiring stuff. I put a picture up so you can see what I did, car didn't start. I don't even know if I did what you said. I have to have my nose rubbed in it in order for me to get it. So, with that said, I took the green wire from the hex-head bolt on the firewall and screwed it down with the big brown wire(it looks like it goes to the battery).
What is the neutral safety circut, what does it look like and where is it?
The reason I'm asking all of this, the guy that was working on the car has not returned and he is the mopar man. Me, I can recover seats and hook up a radio, but when it comes to under the hood I have no clue. I am stuck with trying to get this car on the road and I could use as much help as all of you can give.
Thank you
the brown wire on the lower right of the the relay {the spade terminal}

I'd like to thank every one who responded to this thread.
The guy who was helping out with the car came and hooked up the green ground wire to the relay and hooked up a wire on the coil. The car runs. I learned a lot.
Now the motor gets too hot. Maybe it's the timing. Not a serious problem. I can take care of it without too much trouble.
Thanks again all.!!!

-
Back