Wiring a windshield washer pump

-

dmopar74

Reaction score
I was thinking, would it be possible to wire a momentary button that will power an electric washer pump and run the wipers on low at the same time until the button is let go? I have a two speed wiper and want to add electric washer to my car.

Two speed was a manual pump. Thinking that you would have to change the switch, wiper motor and linkage. Someone can correct me, but that's how I would do it.

Two speed was a manual pump. Thinking that you would have to change the switch, wiper motor and linkage. Someone can correct me, but that's how I would do it
My 67 dart has 2speed motor and OEM electric washer pump.

The wiper switch presses in and that carries power to the pump motor that is grounded at one of the attaching screws.

As for the OPs request. The wiper motors and switches can be complicated.

IMHO if you mount a momentary switch under the dash you can press it then turn on the wipers. Simplest option.
You can see if your wiper switch can press in.

If so maybe the connector and wires are there to the bulkhead connector you can cary it the ready of the way.

My 67 dart has 2speed motor and OEM electric washer pump.

The wiper switch presses in and that carries power to the pump motor that is grounded at one of the attaching screws.

As for the OPs request. The wiper motors and switches can be complicated.

IMHO if you mount a momentary switch under the dash you can press it then turn on the wipers. Simplest option.
You can see if your wiper switch can press in.

If so maybe the connector and wires are there to the bulkhead connector you can cary it the ready of the way.
2 speed switch does push in slightly but is not an electric washer switch. If you look at how it plugs into the harness if theres a brown wire not plugging into it, or a wire cavity in the plug with no wire in it where the switch plugs in then you will understand what I am talking about. That is the pump feed wire. If the switch does not plug into it, no bueno.

Two speed was a manual pump. Thinking that you would have to change the switch, wiper motor and linkage. Someone can correct me, but that's how I would do it.
Keep it 2 speed and wire in electric pump to a momentary contact switch mounted in the old foot operated manual pump housing. I modded mine, and one for somebody else.

see the link to my post that CDF244 linked here in this thread. This is the simplest way to add the electric pump setup to a 2 speed manual pump washer system. I did 1 for me, and one for somebody else on FABO.

-
Back