Wiring fender blinkers/intalling gauge panel

-

RDJ

Reaction score
My 67 Barracuda FB does not have hood (fender type) blinkers, I will most likely install a set.

Just tapping into the front blinkers wires won't work because when the headlights are turned on, the blinkers will turn on, is this correct?

So, the best place to tap into would be right before the blinker wires go into the round plug that goes into the dash circuit board?

Or is there another, better way to set these up?

The dash is currently out, but it is ready to be installed. My interior is pretty much done :cheers:

Regarding installing the gauge panel, Do you find it easier to attach the wiper, headlight, flasher switches to the panel before installation and then put the plugs on them after the panel is installed, or plug the switches into the wires and then push them from the back and THEN bolt them to the panel.

When I remove a rallye panel I normally leave the harness connectors on those switches and leave the switches in the car. I've evn drove one for a month or so without a instrument panel. if you have it all seperated you can go back together either way. I personally would hook up the switches , then install them in the panel.
If the hood signals are conneted to the turn signal wires ( green and yellow ) they work as such. Park lamp is a different circuit ( brown wire ).
I wouldn't cut holes in a good 67 hood though.

When I remove a rallye panel I normally leave the harness connectors on those switches and leave the switches in the car. I've evn drove one for a month or so without a instrument panel. if you have it all seperated you can go back together either way. I personally would hook up the switches , then install them in the panel.
If the hood signals are conneted to the turn signal wires ( green and yellow ) they work as such. Park lamp is a different circuit ( brown wire ).
I wouldn't cut holes in a good 67 hood though.

Thanks, you are probably right about cutting the hood though.

-
Back