wiring halo's into parking lights...which wire??

-

turbofreek

batcrap crazy racing team
Reaction score
so i bought some plug and play 7in headlights. they also include the white halo led rings around them. i want to wire them up to the parking lights but i am uncertain which wires i need to use. dr side has y/ybr-gr and pass side has y-br. i want to just wire them together but uncertain om drivers side which wires to use for this?

20180326_205812.jpg

20180326_205823.jpg

Get your volt meter out and turn on the parking lites. Don't tell me you don't have a volt meter? Use a spare bulb with wires taped to it if you don't?

Get your volt meter out and turn on the parking lites. Don't tell me you don't have a volt meter? Use a spare bulb with wires taped to it if you don't?
how about using the wires that go to the parking lights !!!!?????????

Use a bit of logical thinking... Left and right turn would be 2 different colors. Park would be the same color and probably doubled/branched from one to the other in a left side connector. There are cases where the branch was a weld splice buried in the harness under tape.
Did you notice your left side headlight connector also has twice as many wires as right?

so what i found is the lighta are wired in series. so the power loops from the drivers side and back to ground off the pass side.
so the drivers y/br wire is power and then the yellow next to it on the same connection on the grommet. that goes to the pass side and then the brown wire off the pass side goes back to the fuse box. so that is the full cycle in the harness. i looped both power wires to the dr side power wire and will do the ground off the completing curcuit brouwn wire off the pass side. this keeps minimal wiring splicing and only one location to search for issues in the future if they ever go out. ill be able to locate right on this spot without removing the grill again. was overly tired and didnt have any more connectors to finish the ground lastnight. gives you idea what i did. will post the ground once its done tonight. i have tons to do today before chassis shop it goes tomorrow.

20180326_213450.jpg

I've been very interested in doing this with my dart. I've seen it done tastefully a few times.

19.jpg

superbee.jpg

I don't have a clue what vehicle or fixtures you have but I can tell you that there are a lot of chassis ground fixtures. These don't require a ground wire. If I'm guessing correct, green is left turn and brown is right turn. Yellow is park for both sides. I'm sure you'll finger it out one way or another.

I don't have a clue what vehicle or fixtures you have but I can tell you that there are a lot of chassis ground fixtures. These don't require a ground wire. If I'm guessing correct, green is left turn and brown is right turn. Yellow is park for both sides. I'm sure you'll finger it out one way or another.

they may go to the turn signal but that would only be cooler if they blink with the turn signal on right? yet still should remain on with the signals not depressed. as the pass side has only 2 wires directly to it. 1 yellow and 1 light brown. i tapped the brown and the hellow brown of each side. so they should blink with the blinker engaged....or so i hope. as that was my intention. just wasnt gonna say it till i poated the vid of it. haha

they may go to the turn signal but that would only be cooler if they blink with the turn signal on right? yet still should remain on with the signals not depressed. as the pass side has only 2 wires directly to it. 1 yellow and 1 light brown. i tapped the brown and the hellow brown of each side. so they should blink with the blinker engaged....or so i hope. as that was my intention. just wasnt gonna say it till i poated the vid of it. haha
Will you blow fuses, or have all the lamps flashing like hazard lights, or have the turn indicators in the dash on with park lamps, or maybe have the blue lights flashing around you? Good luck with it.

-
Back