Wiring harness advice

-
After a small engine compartment fire at the Mopar Nationals in the early 2000s I needed to buy a new engine compartment harness. I was at the Nationals so I knew that finding one would not be an issue. I purchased one and proceeded to install it in the hotel parking lot. While installing it I had several wires with "crimped" terminal ends pull right out of the connectors. We had to remove and re-crimp them all. Watch what you buy.

rebuilder had used a brush holder that had grounded one side to simulate a round back alternator.
That's interesting. I tried to do something like using an earlier brush assembly and it didnt look like it would work. So I modified the correct brush and and insulator so it was grounded.
Your prob right about the alternator.

Just to revive this thread a bit, since I'm looking at doing my dash harness and engine bay/lighting harness in my 69 Dart Swinger.

1969VADart, I was looking at doing the exact combination you purchased. YearOne for the dash harness (HU310A), and Evans for the engine & headlight wiring [listed on his site as: 1969 Dart Headlight and engine harness (small or big block electronic) $265.00]. Does the Yearone dash harness come with the bulkhead that clips into the firewall? Does it come with a replacement gasket and clips, or would it be ideal to get this also: 1966-74 A B E-Body Bulkhead Connector Gasket Clip Set ?

Any advice on the install of them, or are they pretty much plug and play? I have the Mopar orange box electronic ignition, mounted to the passenger side inner fender, so I'm guessing I may have to relocate that if the wiring isn't long enough on the Evan's harness.

The bulkhead comes prepared to clip into the firewall. To tell you the truth, I believe I ordered the gasket simply because I wasn't sure if it would come with the wiring harness. It's only a few bucks extra, so there is no harm in purchasing it. Everything was spot on. One other issue I had was my Mopar orange box was bolted on the passenger side inner fender and with the new harness I actually had to mount it to the driver's side fender because of the way the wiring was routed. Apparently the box should have been mounted on that side anyway. I actually mounted it behind the washer bottle. Here is a thread I posted last year on this subject:

Where to Mount ECU After Rewiring

-
Back