FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Who are the big names. I know

M&H for OEM (if it’s a vehicle they do)
Painless.
Ron Frances.

????

I only have experience with M&H. Experiences with the others?

Jim.

Painless ISN'T
EZ ISN'T
Straight OEM replacenent is your best bet.

Search "wiring issue"

Contact Evans Wiring. Their specialty is Mopars. They may be able to help you with a A 100.

M&H will do stuff that isn't on there list as long as you have a good sample.

Alan

Jim, I've installed A few from American Autowire, Ron Francis, painless and some generic ones from Speedway Motors. Here is my opinion. If you go with anything else besides a Mopar style harness, save the money and look at the harnesses Speedway Motors offers. They are made by one of the major companies. I don't know which one, but they are very nice for the money. Each wire is labeled, just like the big boys and all the wires are way longer than you need, so there's plenty of wire. Nice fuse boxes and some kits even come with headlight switches and such......all GM style of course and the kits are GM colors, just like most all generic harnesses, but that's easy enough to overcome. I got my 21 circuit harness for the rat rod truck for 89 bucks on clearance and it is every bit the quality American Autowire is.

Contact Evans Wiring. Their specialty is Mopars. They may be able to help you with a A 100.

evans sucks, last one i got form them had bad crimps all over it. i wasn't alone, there were quite a few posts on various boards about the same issue.

I've bought a bunch of stuff from Mr Evans, it all looks good, no quality issues whatsoever.

I've bought a bunch of stuff from Mr Evans, it all looks good, no quality issues whatsoever.

hopefully he got a new crimp tool over the years. mine had poor crimps all over the harness. it really sucked. like i said there were quite a few posts on various mopar boards at the time with guys having the same problem.. i won't buy from him again... he did offer to fix it but the trust in it would never be there for me.

Jim, I've installed A few from American Autowire, Ron Francis, painless and some generic ones from Speedway Motors. Here is my opinion. If you go with anything else besides a Mopar style harness, save the money and look at the harnesses Speedway Motors offers. They are made by one of the major companies. I don't know which one, but they are very nice for the money. Each wire is labeled, just like the big boys and all the wires are way longer than you need, so there's plenty of wire. Nice fuse boxes and some kits even come with headlight switches and such......all GM style of course and the kits are GM colors, just like most all generic harnesses, but that's easy enough to overcome. I got my 21 circuit harness for the rat rod truck for 89 bucks on clearance and it is every bit the quality American Autowire is.

The Ron Francis stuff looked like it comes with a lot of the correct connectors, not true?

-
Back