Wiring harness progress

-

dartski

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
This is my first magnum project. Got the wiring reduced to this so far.
Hope to copy it with a diy kit.
Having trouble uploading the video of the it running
The oil pressure, temp, tach and amp meter work. Fuel pump works not sure of the guage. OBD port works.

View attachment 1716145417

Last edited:
I hope you can/ and will somehow document this for others that might.

Yeah, hopefully I’ll have some good info to share.
Looks like the resolution of that picture above was reduced when I uploaded it. Can’t really make out the wire very well.

IMG_2714.jpeg

IMG_2712.jpeg

A better pic with some labels.
can’t seem to post pics or video without the html code showing up.
Still trying to put the video up of it running.

My plan is to replace my original a body speedo panel with this 97 panel using all The gauges and speedometer.
Has anybody done this?

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53208942173_7cb27ef3b1_k.jpg[/img]']

53208942173_7cb27ef3b1_k.jpg

Last edited:
A better pic with some labels.
can’t seem to post pics or video without the html code showing up.
Still trying to put the video up of it running.

My plan is to replace my original a body speedo panel with this 97 panel using all The gauges and speedometer.
Has anybody done this?

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53208942173_7cb27ef3b1_k.jpg[/img]']

View attachment 1716145840

Somewhere in this thread the guy shows the truck IC.

What have I got myself in to? Denver here we come!!

I've done this in a 71 Duster. Took all the wiring from a 98 ram with a 5.9 (lights, interior, all of it) and integrated in. The cluster is in place and the speedo works. I had a tone ring laser cut that goes on the pinion in place of the dust cover and made a mount for the sensor. I also used the original heater controls, light switch, but took the column out of the 98 to use that for ignition, etc. Time consuming work, but turned out fairly well. A few bugs to work out, but everything works, including the anti-lock rear brakes. No airbags though. Took the same approach you are, bench test everything, tidy it up, then install in the car.

I've done this in a 71 Duster. Took all the wiring from a 98 ram with a 5.9 (lights, interior, all of it) and integrated in. The cluster is in place and the speedo works. I had a tone ring laser cut that goes on the pinion in place of the dust cover and made a mount for the sensor. I also used the original heater controls, light switch, but took the column out of the 98 to use that for ignition, etc. Time consuming work, but turned out fairly well. A few bugs to work out, but everything works, including the anti-lock rear brakes. No airbags though. Took the same approach you are, bench test everything, tidy it up, then install in the car.

Can you post pictures?

I see 3 pedals. What's the drivetrain setup?
Its a 5.9, stock fuel injection/stock motor, A833 OD trans, 8.75 rear with 3.91. I moved the crank trigger to the front of the engine. It works, but, I want to make a better mounting system for the sensor. Lots of fun. What are you putting yours in?

Its a 5.9, stock fuel injection/stock motor, A833 OD trans, 8.75 rear with 3.91. I moved the crank trigger to the front of the engine. It works, but, I want to make a better mounting system for the sensor.

Cool!

Any pictures of what you did for the crank trigger? Always curious to see how people do things.

Did you use the stock sensor, or one from a different setup? What did you do for the tone ring?

What are you putting yours in?

I was going full Magnum EFI on top of my numbers matching LA360 with an A833OD. I built a bracket and tone wheel setup for the front of the motor since I couldn't find a flywheel with the tone wheel notches that I was sure was balanced for an LA. Rest of it was going to be a Hughes RPM, R/T heads, reground cam with retrofit roller lifters. It's all pretty much done, just needed to swap the injectors and TB on and wire it.

Not really sure what I am doing now. I've been making progress to do a G3/T56 swap into the car, but am pondering leaving it alone (carb and all) and putting the G3/T56 in a different car.

This is what I have today.

View attachment 1716152605
That is awesome! If I didn't have a rallye dash I might have done the same thing.
The 3.91 gear with the OD must be realy nice. I have a 5.9 running factory EFI with the 46rh with a 3.23 gear. The 3.23 is is nice on the highway but really the bare minimum for spirited acceleration. I'm just about to put a 53 mm throttle body on the engine, then I'll have every go-fast part you can possibly run with the factory EFI. The next logical step for me is a gear, probably 3.73.

@dartski how's your build coming?

If you took any photos of the cluster conversion in progress we'd love to see those as well

-
Back