Wiring help ???

-

SleeperScamp

Reaction score
I need some help please.. I have a 1970 , 340 Duster with a rallye dash. About two years ago I took the dash out to paint the car. I recently reinstalled the dash ( instrument cluster ) but I'm having some issues.. Like gas gauge, temp gauge, and tach not working.. Does anyone have any pics of what wires goe where on the back of the cluster ? Or can someone just tell me what goes where ? Does the tach wire hook to the - negative side of the coil ??? Thanks..

You have a wiring diagram? I have a paper '70 shop manual, if you need I might be able to post some pics

nothing about the instrument panel will work properly if it is dangling from the harness connectors. It needs chassis ground that it gets through the mounting hardware. Adding a dedicated ground wire is recommended.

I have a wiring diagram and the cluster is grounded. Everything worked when I pulled the dash.

If you have a correct diagram, it should show you where everything goes, wire color, etc. Normally a tach signal wire goes to neg. coil

I have a Challenger Diagram that shows which wires (colors) go where and I have used it for my Swinger 340. I can't load the image so send me your e-mail address and I'll send you the diagram image. Hope it helps. [email protected]

Cheers, Larry

There is two bolts ( prongs ) on the back of the factory tach. Which one does the coil wire hook too ?? Thanks

-
Back