Wiring help

-

Nkempski

Reaction score
Anybody know what this connects to? 2 yellows and 2 pink. The pink are hot. It’s located under the dash between the radio and instrument panel.

4A10A83C-D709-47EF-AA0B-07FF02AB25BC.jpeg

6C197F8E-2415-44AB-8B97-2BB58E6D567C.jpeg

Anybody know what this connects to? 2 yellows and 2 pink. The pink are hot. It’s located under the dash between the radio and instrument panel
Based on the pink wires I think flasher too, BUT...

what car?
What year?
Do you have a wiring diagram?
Do you have a factory service manual?

Both my 67 and 69 only have two terminals on both the turn flasher and the hazards.

Alan

What is this on. What year make model. No mopar uses 3 pin flashers

Might be time delay relay

Last edited:
Based on the pink wires I think flasher too, BUT...

what car?
What year?
Do you have a wiring diagram?
Do you have a factory service manual?
1973 Dart. I’m horrible with wiring diagrams. I can’t figure out what it is from the diagram.

Do you have a FACTORY shop manual? If not go to MyMopar and download. THOSE diagrams can be difficult to read BUT they are indexed, and on further behind the diagrams are connector diagrams.

Also from MyMopar download the line drawings, that is the 3rd party 2 page diagrams, which are easier to follow "sometimes." But they will NOT SHOW stuff like this

Below is page 8-170 of 73 factory manual. This is the connector chart

timedelay.jpg

The index for the A body diagrams begins on 8-152

Down in the alphabetical index, page 8-153 under "relays" find "time delay" and it says
D-11 This is coordinates for the schematic diagrams, so continue on, watching the letters and numerals at top and side of the pages to find D-11 just like on a map and you land on page 8-156

timedelay2.jpg

Notice the "CI-32" in the oval on both diagrams. That means "Connector, Interior, no. 32" just an arbitrary number so you can index them

When you are looking at the diagram, and see one of those oval numbers, you can go down to the illustrated connectors, and see 'what it is." Notice also that they "give you a clue" as to where the connector is located, in this case "rear of panel" which might not be much help LOL

For factory diagrams that "might" be easier to follow, download the 72 factory service manual. This WILL BE DIFFERENT in some areas but you can compare the two and sometimes they help I do not care for the 73/ later ones but that is what we are "stuck" with

Last edited:
Do you have a FACTORY shop manual? If not go to MyMopar and download. THOSE diagrams can be difficult to read BUT they are indexed, and on further behind the diagrams are connector diagrams.

Also from MyMopar download the line drawings, that is the 3rd party 2 page diagrams, which are easier to follow "sometimes." But they will NOT SHOW stuff like this

Below is page 8-170 of 73 factory manual. This is the connector chart

View attachment 1715706495

The index for the A body diagrams begins on 8-152

Down in the alphabetical index, page 8-153 under "relays" find "time delay" and it says
D-11 This is coordinates for the schematic diagrams, so continue on, watching the letters and numerals at top and side of the pages to find D-11 just like on a map and you land on page 8-156

View attachment 1715706496

Notice the "CI-32" in the oval on both diagrams. That means "Connector, Interior, no. 32" just an arbitrary number so you can index them

When you are looking at the diagram, and see one of those oval numbers, you can go down to the illustrated connectors, and see 'what it is." Notice also that they "give you a clue" as to where the connector is located, in this case "rear of panel" which might not be much help LOL

For factory diagrams that "might" be easier to follow, download the 72 factory service manual. This WILL BE DIFFERENT in some areas but you can compare the two and sometimes they help I do not care for the 73/ later ones but that is what we are "stuck" with

Thank you greatly! I really appreciate you walking me through it. I was good on electric until I got inside the car. This helps tremendously.

The more you trace out wires the better you will get. Now that you know what you are looking at trace it out.

-
Back