Wiring in sensors for electric fans / gauges

-

1969dodgedart

Big Block 440
Reaction score
Looking for solutions on this issue , I'm mounting a temp sensor for electric fans and aftermarket gauge cluster as well as the factory gauge . Any ideas and pictures? For a 1969 dart. Thx

First let's clear the "terminology air." Many guys call lots of components "sensors" when that is not really as accurate as it might be. Are you talking about a resistive temp sensor or a temperature SWITCH?

And is the switch (if that is what it is) 1 or 2 terminal?

Or better yet, post a link to "what you bought." Is this part of a kit, EG, and if so specifically what?

Might also be helpful if you "wuz ta" detail just what your aftermarket cluster "is"

I put “extra” sensor port in thermostat fitting. Worked great. Wired it to dash and let the one on water pump/manifold go direct for dual fan control. My application is totally different but your question and my solution are still pretty applicable.

237FEC99-A8E9-4568-8257-28482A712FD9.jpeg

Figured out a plan for temp senders for fans , factory temp gauge and aftermarket gauge . There was two ports on the aluminum water pump housing so I used one for aftermarket gauge cluster and the other port for fan sender. After looking at my thermostat housing a little closer I thought that outcrop looks like its meant for mounting a sender so I drilled/ tapped it for a ts-17 factory clone temp sender. Even though this will read temp on the outside of the thermostat, it means all three will be operating and I will be able to see the contrast before/ after thermostat.
20210106_172952.jpg
20210106_195812.jpg

The problem I see is that sensor is on the top side of the T stat so it has to be open to be accurate. And if the Tstat fails and sticks shut.....it won't be

Can't help you much as you refuse to give any details. But as big as the castings are on B/RB pumps you can easily tap them with a little careful looking

The problem I see is that sensor is on the top side of the T stat so it has to be open to be accurate. And if the Tstat fails and sticks shut.....it won't be

Can't help you much as you refuse to give any details. But as big as the castings are on B/RB pumps you can easily tap them with a little careful looking
You know what I don't need your help specifically, was looking for constructive ideas not armchair comments.

For a simple on/off switch, I had one in the upper hose. The chrome tube is a piece of bathroom sink drain :)
DSCF0175.JPG

I decided to go with an Autocoolguy PWM controller later on, which calls for the temp sensor in the lower hose. Rather than make the fitting, I just bought it with the controller. About the same result but less time spent fabricating.
DSCF0179.JPG

-
Back