Wiring kits?

-
This does not fix everything, I do know where to look so I am not bouncing around the car trying to see a red lite blinking, to show me the problem.
I sometimes did not cinch down connectors properly or some of my as-builds have problems or for whatever reason.
So I made three of these boards. Hopefully not all of them will get lost when I die. I show every change I made and any creations I made and modifications to the norm.

One of these I carry in the trunk of the car and refer to these most every time I need to work on electrical problems.
Two reasons. As I age my memory is not as good and when I die my son-in-law is not near as smart as I am and will need these eventually

my project next year, is to fix the rats nest of wires I created behind the dash and make it look presentable. Everywhere else is fine
schematic board 2.jpg

schematic board 3.jpg

schematic board.jpg

Last edited:
Lol I showed my son a picture of the spaghetti mess LOL and told him he screwed! LOL of course I rewired everything and it all works great but he's screwed LOL.

I guess the good part is he gets to rerun all his wires and he'll know how it works too.

I think I better fix the rats nest of wires before the son in law gets it. Or it will NEVER get done

Question I have is after completely rewiring your car yourself with your own wires you feel like you will never have a problem finding a wiring problem?
Yes, OR you know who to blame if you have an issue!

Now you did it. You put the thought in my head. So I must work on it .
Hear is the new connector box I built for the rewire and the cover that goes over where the bulkhead connector was

New bulkhead replacement.jpg

New conector box.jpg

Question I have is after completely rewiring your car yourself with your own wires you feel like you will never have a problem finding a wiring problem?
Scares me to think of one ! LOL . I had one already, the only piece I didn`t replace failed , all good now.
CORRECTION, I HAD THAT WIRED WRONG !

Now you did it. You put the thought in my head. So I must work on it .
Hear is the new connector box I built for the rewire and the cover that goes over where the bulkhead connector was

What I did was removed the bulkhead connector, removed all the connectors/wires from the housings and drilled out each pass through with 3/16" bit. Installed the bulk head connector housing back in the car and pushed each wire through to the engine bay. No weak link connectors needed, no labeling, bulkhead looks stock instead of aftermarket.

What I did was removed the bulkhead connector, removed all the connectors/wires from the housings and drilled out each pass through with 3/16" bit. Installed the bulk head connector housing back in the car and pushed each wire through to the engine bay. No weak link connectors needed, no labeling, bulkhead looks stock instead of aftermarket.

That is one way of doing it, but you restricted yourself if you need to do troubleshooting. You can not check a wire at the connector, you must not check the wire at either end and any modifications you may want to make will be very difficult

My question is are you looking for ease of maintenance or do you want it to look stock?

That is one way of doing it, but you restricted yourself if you need to do troubleshooting. You can not check a wire at the connector, you must not check the wire at either end and any modifications you may want to make will be very difficult

My question is are you looking for ease of maintenance or do you want it to look stock?

Are you kidding me?
Is that all you got? LOL

Checking the wire at either end is not a problem ... I have extra length wire and gator clips laying around. If one wire end was at my mail box and the other on the car I could trouble shoot it.

All you just mentioned is a walk in the park for me.:D

I have never had to "maintenance" anything on the car in ten years. I've added wires... never had to trouble shoot.

Looking stock works for me than having a added eye sore.

Are you kidding me?
Is that all you got? LOL

Checking the wire at either end is not a problem ... I have extra length wire and gator clips laying around. If one wire end was at my mail box and the other on the car I could trouble shoot it.

All you just mentioned is a walk in the park for me.:D

I have never had to "maintenance" anything on the car in ten years. I've added wires... never had to trouble shoot.

Looking stock works for me than having a added eye sore.
Its your rice bowl ...
It turns out the terminal strips I got for the new project, will not work. I ordered some new ones that are like the old ones I was using. with the screws to tighten the wires down

Last edited:
Rumor has it, you should take pictures of a project so you know how it goes back together... hmmmm.
wiring before 2018 b.jpg
wiring before 2018 c.jpg
wiring before 2018.jpg

mullinax, looks really tight. nice attention to detail that I'm sure goes beyond what is seen in the picture.

-
Back