Wiring question for line lock install.

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
Hey I got my line lock installed but I have a question on wiring up the hydraulic brake light switch.

I installed a 2 prong electric/hydraulic brake light switch in the outgoing port of my line lock as the instructions indicated.

My question is: Where do those two pins from the switch go in relation to the two wires on either side of my brake pedal switch?
This is so I can get my brake lights to work while the line lock is engaged.

The brake (pedal) switch has one wire at the top side of the plunger and one wire at the pedal side that swings with the pedal and makes contact with the plunger when you take your foot off the brake.

The hydraulic brake switch is not marked which pin is which so I guess it does not matter right?

I have a line lock on my car and the brake lights automatically come on (just like normal driving) when I lock the line. Now when I let off of the brake the lights go off.

Those wires go to a switch that you control, normally on the shifter. You need to read up more on it.

I did read up on it. LOL.

Looks like the wires go from my existing wires on the brake light switch to the hydraulic light switch that will keep the lights on when you take your foot off the pedal.
That is the only way to make the lights stay on.

I can press the switch all I want but the lights won't stay on unless the hydraulic switch is wired up.

I will play with it again and see if I don't pop my brake light fuse again.ha, ha.

Spaz, one is constant hot at the pedal(pink?), the other gets power once you press it.

what you would need to do is figure out which wire on the your switch in power in and which one is power out.

then all you need to do is look at your existing brake light switch and see where power is coming in and tap into that wire and run a jumper to the (power in) side of your new brake light switch, then do the same on the other side by tapping a jumper into the other wire.

by doing that it should kick on your brake light just like if you were pushing your foot down.

its ok to do trial and error on the wires, with only two wires to choose from its either going to be right or its going to be wrong.....meaning.....if you hook it up one way you will either have brake lights on when you turn on your line lock....OR......your brake lights will be on when your line lock is off and they will turn off when you turn your line lock on.....if that is the case than you have the wires reversed and all you have to do is do the old switcharoo on them lol.

hope that helps ya out a bit.

what you would need to do is figure out which wire on the your switch in power in and which one is power out.

then all you need to do is look at your existing brake light switch and see where power is coming in and tap into that wire and run a jumper to the (power in) side of your new brake light switch, then do the same on the other side by tapping a jumper into the other wire.

by doing that it should kick on your brake light just like if you were pushing your foot down.

its ok to do trial and error on the wires, with only two wires to choose from its either going to be right or its going to be wrong.....meaning.....if you hook it up one way you will either have brake lights on when you turn on your line lock....OR......your brake lights will be on when your line lock is off and they will turn off when you turn your line lock on.....if that is the case than you have the wires reversed and all you have to do is do the old switcharoo on them lol.

hope that helps ya out a bit.

You da Man!
That's exactly what i was thinking but sometimes it's just better to hear that come from someone else so you don't think you're way off.

Thanks for actually paying attention to what I was trying to say, dude- you hit the nail on the head.
That was my problem I did not know what side of the switch was what.- as you can see I hate wiring, well actually I like it if I understand what the hell I'm doing, but I'm not the greatest I admit, but I like to make it look nice and clean when I'm all done.

Next fix will be my clutch and trans leak because you can't do a burnout with clutch slippage.....to be continued.

I hear ya lol.

I wouldnt say I am a master electrician or anything but normally when I can get my hands on the wiring....and I can sit down and think about it....I can handle most any wiring.

Glad I could help ya out a bit.....hope that does the trick ,keep us updated.

-
Back