Wiseco Pistons

-

srduster340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Summit Racing Scratch & Dent sale. Wiseco pistons, .030 over for $300. Anyone used them. How much lift can they take. Need an answer fast!

20230219_155720.jpg

Thanks dude. Already in a basket! I see a set of Icon stroker pistons for a 4.00 bore small block for $480.

Where the heck is the scratch and dent at summit?

Lift has little to do with piston to valve clearance. It's not the how much lift, it's the when the valve opens. Duration is what you need to watch. Wisecos come with generous valve reliefs, so it'll very likely never be an issue.

Lift has little to do with piston to valve clearance. It's not the how much lift, it's the when the valve opens. Duration is what you need to watch. Wisecos come with generous valve reliefs, so it'll very likely never be an issue.
The overlap period is when the piston is closest.

Do you remember what part number those Icon pistons were? Just curious if it was a flat top or dish. Seams like you keep getting there at the right times to find some good stuff. I would go broke buying it all.

Part # UEM-IC744.STD They were flat tops. I wanted them too but I had to say no.
So, 318 stroker pistons. Gonna need a real good 318 block to go 402.......(+.094). Stroker Poly, anyone?
Or a good enough 360 block to run standard....
(They are $817 at summits site).

Last edited:
Oh yes, I would have bought those if I was there. Stuff those in a clean Magnum block with a fresh hone job. Pair them with Scat or K1 forged crank and rods.
Edited to add Molnar.

Last edited:
Oh yes, I would have bought those if I was there. Stuff those in a clean Magnum block with a fresh hone job. Pair them with Scat or K1 forged crank and rods.
Edited to add Molnar.
I thought about that. Compression would be thru the roof! What are the chances of finding a standard bore Magnum block?

Most Magnums in the junkyard are standard bore, unless they were rebuilt. Many of them with decent oil change service history have little wear.

Not trying to push you to spend a bunch of money. Just dreaming what I would do. Looks like it should be around 10.8 up to 11.3 to 1 compression with 65 cc Edelbrock LA chambers, and depending upon head gasket used. I would do that with E85 and a healthy cam.

-
Back