wish i had never mentioned fabo calendar

-
It's not a huge biggy but could we at least have the calender discussion in the other thread so we dont have two going at once?

That thread`s been closed. It seems the mods believe there`s too much controversy over the format. No disrespect but I haven`t read anything that wasn`t constructive, however there has been a great deviation from the original idea. When duckbuster first mentioned doing a calender in the Mopar Babes thread it was because several members enjoyed seeing pictures of 340Dart`s girl Tammy13 working on an engine bay. I believe at first the calender was more of a tongue-in-cheek comment but genuine interest was shown. Pettyblue72 and Tammy13 were both immediate volunteers. I simply mentioned using cars in the calender. This is a website devoted to cars, right? I know there are people and cars of special interest here but what I think this will come down to is; what is the purpose of the calender? Is it to track the days of the year or is it to make the website money? If it is to make money then it should have WOMEN. The Mopar Babes thread has nearly 1/2 million views and over 3000 replies and you know that`s not all members. I enjoy this site very much and if a calender is printed, I`ll buy one regardless of it`s format. If you really want to sell them (outside the members on this site) then you need to include women, and if you want the calender to have an identity then it needs to connect with the site and that means including A-body Mopars. Otherwise it`ll just be another calender with women or another calender with cars. Everybody here interested in this project has great ideas and I believe that having a protracted conversation on the topic will incude the most people and in turn make for the best calender. I`m glad duckbuster mentioned a calender, it`s a great idea with potential profit for the site. We`ve got 5 months to make it right.

That thread`s been closed. It seems the mods believe there`s too much controversy over the format. No disrespect but I haven`t read anything that wasn`t constructive, however there has been a great deviation from the original idea. When duckbuster first mentioned doing a calender in the Mopar Babes thread it was because several members enjoyed seeing pictures of 340Dart`s girl Tammy13 working on an engine bay. I believe at first the calender was more of a tongue-in-cheek comment but genuine interest was shown. Pettyblue72 and Tammy13 were both immediate volunteers. I simply mentioned using cars in the calender. This is a website devoted to cars, right? I know there are people and cars of special interest here but what I think this will come down to is; what is the purpose of the calender? Is it to track the days of the year or is it to make the website money? If it is to make money then it should have WOMEN. The Mopar Babes thread has nearly 1/2 million views and over 3000 replies and you know that`s not all members. I enjoy this site very much and if a calender is printed, I`ll buy one regardless of it`s format. If you really want to sell them (outside the members on this site) then you need to include women, and if you want the calender to have an identity then it needs to connect with the site and that means including A-body Mopars. Otherwise it`ll just be another calender with women or another calender with cars. Everybody here interested in this project has great ideas and I believe that having a protracted conversation on the topic will incude the most people and in turn make for the best calender. I`m glad duckbuster mentioned a calender, it`s a great idea with potential profit for the site. We`ve got 5 months to make it right.

Very well put Longgone! Articulate, on point and a great reminder of what this project is really all about.

But I guess I'm invisible??? http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showpost.php?p=601983&postcount=22

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showpost.php?p=605115&postcount=87

LOL

I Won't Even Let My Wife Look At My Car Let Alone Touch It

At the risk of starting this all over again....

The calender thread was closed because EVERYONE had an opinion, but nobody was going to agree on one thing, let alone the entire process. Plus some of the posts were getting a bit racey. It was just a matter of time before some bonehead made a remark that would have erupted into kaos, and pissed off the womenfolk, and/or their husbands/boyfreinds too.

We are seriously looking into doing this, but in a mature, tasteful manner. If this is beyond comprehension for some, don't buy the calender (in other words, don't support the site) and go find your flesh-fix elsewhere on the `net. But DON'T post here pissing, moaning, and / or complaining about how we're not going to have a Hustler's Honey's Calender with Tow Trucks or Earth movers because that's what YOU think is cool.....

This automotive-related Mopar site is FOR A BODIES ONLY. Explaining it again is redundant.

Have a nice day and go ahead and flame me..... :bootysha:

i am not going to "flame" you, i just wanna know, can my truck be in the calender? please please pretty please

here are th ones the guys at the dry dock did.

http://picasaweb.google.com/cbodydrydock/2008CalendarLayouts#

the attached ones are the ones that djvcuda made for the guys on my site.

keep in mind that the pics were shrunk down to post on the internet so the quality looks like crap. in person the pics are incredible. you need a real huge pic to get a good quality pic printed out that big.

calender.jpg

sample2.jpg

i am not going to "flame" you, i just wanna know, can my truck be in the calender? please please pretty please

I think we should consider a mixed bag one month so all the B, E, F body guys and the truckers don't get left out. Nice rides are nice rides. This is a sensible suggestion. Thank you.

The calenders ABODYJOE posted are awesome. Thank you for posting a GREAT reference for our possible calender.

I really want to see this happen for you guys. Most of us will never be in a magazine. In our little world here we can acknowledge the stand-outs. PLEASE have some tact, patience, and courtesy. WE can pull this off.

If not, it's off to sprawl-mart for some lame calender with Ducks on it or some such crap.... instead of you or your friends car in it.

-
Back