Wish me luck

-

jkeck55

Reaction score
For the first time I am taking a big risk. An opportunity has presented itself and I am going to be providing some start up capital. I am buying a bar. Right now it is Boes Ridgeway on Hwy 76 in the the town of Clayton. Just west of Neenah WI. It is 6,500 sq ft with a 600 sq ft stage. We will have 5,300 sq ft of unfinished space that we plan to open up and the place sits on 4 acres. We plan to fence it in and eventually hold some outdoor concerts. We stumbled into a good opportunity where the current owner is retiring and his wife just wants him out of the business. Hopefully it goes well. If you are ever in the Neenah area stop in for a beer.

Sounds like this could be fun. I will tell you what I think makes a bar successful. Cheap tap beer in a frosty mug, good looking cocktail servers and some tasty bar food. I think if you have those three things it will work out. I see bars around here try to sell tap beer in small glasses for $4 a glass and have a hag with a 'tude slide it your way. They all fo out of business.

With all that space up there, you might have snowmobile clubs stopping by this time of year.

Small world,your place is 2 miles from where I live! I remember when that place was called Ridgeway Sports,an Arctic Cat snowmobile dealership.Good luck with your new endeavor,I'll have to stop in soon! Rod

Man I wish you luck!

I used to drink a lot and remember (sometimes I didn't) how I acted. I don't know if I could put up with that for very long. When I worked in construction we remodeled a building into a bar for a fellow. He had such big expectations about owning and running a bar. He got it going and from driving by it looked like he was doing good business. I saw him one day in Home Depot and asked how was the bar business. He told me sold the place to someone else not very long after he opened it. He told me he just couldn't put up with the drunks running their mouths, causing trouble, etc...

I guess some people are cut out to run a bar and some aren't... about true with everything.

I am not cut out to run a bar. My job is to provide start up capital and manage the finances an dit is a good thing because I don't do well behind the bar.

We are up and running and it is going okay. Friday is our first big event. A foam Party. A 20 x 20 inflatable pool filled with foam. The best part is 5 very hot shot girls wearing booty shorts, pasties and body paint. Anyone near Neenah come and enjoy the view.

Good Luck! I put myself through college bartending and bouncing. I was the food/bev manager and head of security at the last place. If you are in a good location, the only things that will keep it from being a money-maker are (very) poor management, a hostile and exclusive crowd (one of the bars I bounced for was a biker bar, but we eventually came to an agreement with the local clubs) or someone "skimming". No matter how much you like or trust them, always watch the employees - especially "family".

I hope this turns out to be the best in the area!

-
Back