Wish me luck

-
Good luck and more importantly prayers sent your way. I am half way in your boat after 25 years in our family paving company things are bleak at best. I also have no "education" as I dropped out in the 10th grade to help my father.

I hope you find something and it's steady.

some of the smartest people I know are so called "non educated" people.

at 10th grade your doing a lot better than my mom, yet I could get another 10 masters degrees and still be no where near where she is in the ability to pick up on stuff and catch on extremely quick and figure things out.

I wish employers didn't make such a big deal about a piece of paper, I have one and im still the same as I was before I got it.

not really...I have applied online for a few jobs too and I have a masters degree and still nothing at all. So I don't think its the education hurting your chances ...I thinks its winter time in a dead economy.

In a nutshell.

Yep and Obamacare has people running scared on top of that.

I kinda like Obama care ....I am going to be required also ...but I been running scared ....because now that I graduated I got dropped from my parents insurance and that is scary because if I hurt myself in any way ...the hospital will take all my savings in a single gulp. so I want to be insured again ....I cant afford to do it on my own and I doubt anyone would insure me reasonably without Obama care because of all my past surgeries from the accident. ....just sayin ...IMO ...not intended to turn political but I am praying for and trusting the leaders here ....they are all I got.

I kinda like Obama care ....I am going to be required also ...but I been running scared ....because now that I graduated I got dropped from my parents insurance and that is scary because if I hurt myself in any way ...the hospital will take all my savings in a single gulp. so I want to be insured again ....I cant afford to do it on my own and I doubt anyone would insure me reasonably without Obama care because of all my past surgeries from the accident. ....just sayin ...IMO ...not intended to turn political but I am praying for and trusting the leaders here ....they are all I got.

People that have had their policies cancelled so now their premiums have skyrocketed for worse coverage and deductibles as high as nearly 14K when they had $500 is a major issue. The Obamacare website sucks too. The fines for not taking Obamacare and they can literally take the money out of your account, suspend your drivers license and a whole lot more for nonpayment. Together this is keeping people wondering how this is going to turn out. I have several friends that own well established businesses that have laid people off because their business has tanked because people aren't cutting loose of their money like normal.

Oh well, back to our regular scheduled program, before we get Chucks thread tossed in the N&P.

Go for your GED. I did it this year and I'm glad I did. Even after 25 years out of school I passed with no problems. Now I'm in the middle of trying to get a mechanic job working for the state police. So keep pressing I'm sure something will come your way. I'm pulling for ya whatever it's worth.

Anything we can do to help just ask us Chuck. Kerry and I are here with support and prayers... any time. I can put out the word here in Durango but that wont help you much in Cortez. You'll spend too much on gas getting back and forth. Chin-up and keep that smile on for everyone to see. :D
Keep pushing, you'll land something soon. See you later today!
Larry & Kerry

No education!...Damn!....These days you at least need a degree or you're **** out of luck!....Oh well, you can always become a male prostitute like Fred Garvin!:thumbup:

:O RUN!!

Good luck and more importantly prayers sent your way. I am half way in your boat after 25 years in our family paving company things are bleak at best. I also have no "education" as I dropped out in the 10th grade to help my father. I hope you find something and it's steady.

Thanks ducter

not really...I have applied online for a few jobs too and I have a masters degree and still nothing at all. So I don't think its the education hurting your chances ...I thinks its winter time in a dead economy. Don't give up, prayers and karma are bigger and stronger than any of us ....so you still have some power in your corner because more prayers coming for you. :glasses7:

Thanks rani

chuck,,I WISH U THE BEST AND I WILL PRAY FOR YOU..SD426

Thanks bob

Go for your GED. I did it this year and I'm glad I did. Even after 25 years out of school I passed with no problems. Now I'm in the middle of trying to get a mechanic job working for the state police. So keep pressing I'm sure something will come your way. I'm pulling for ya whatever it's worth.
I'm trying. Math kicks me arse every time. Thank you

Anything we can do to help just ask us Chuck. Kerry and I are here with support and prayers... any time. I can put out the word here in Durango but that wont help you much in Cortez. You'll spend too much on gas getting back and forth. Chin-up and keep that smile on for everyone to see. :D Keep pushing, you'll land something soon. See you later today! Larry & Kerry

Thanks Larry

I put in an app to a couple dealerships and picked one up for the local big o. Probably going to be a drastic drop in pay, but less money is better than my current no money.

Congrats! Keep looking and most important get your GED. In a shitty economy the employers can be picky and that piece of paper does make a difference! My 1st time thru college I was over 30 years old. After graduating I was hired by a Caterpillar dealership....and one of the reasons I was hired was that I showed perseverence in going back to school.

It's not so much the lack of education as it is the ability/desire to complete something, potential employers look at that.

Go get it, it will help.

In the meantime good luck in your search.

X2

I recently had a friend over the age of 30 who got his GED, he was embarrassed about it but after starting on it he realizedthere are lots of
people like him in the same deal and after he got it he felt a huge weight
lifted and proud of himself....it actually changed his life! He is a fireman now
and is taking collage classes online.

I hope you decide to get it and I wish you the best, glad you found a job though!

Wow, I see you found something to do, and sure am happy you did :cheers:

-
Back