Wish me luck

-

dartcuda

Mopar Or No Car
Reaction score
Have a job interview today, it is the first offer of one i have had since being layed of in Sept....It is in a warehouse plus relief driver..Which works for me as I worked in a warehouse where I got layed off from plus went to truck driving school in Feb...And I did do about a year of driving the company van for the last year I was there...Was surprised I got a call from them since it was in march I sent in my resume. It was one of the first places I applied for after getting my class a cdl..

Go get'em dartcuda, No luck needed with your skills :cheers: I don't believe in luck :-D That's wy I don't play cards :-D Praying for ya bud.:cheers:

Thanks guys..Well I feel pretty good about how the interview went..Now just have top wait and see if I get picked for the second one where I would actually talk to the supervisor and do the test drive in the truck. That will be the nervous part as I have only driven the ones at the truck driving school back in Feb...

Thanks guys..Well I feel pretty good about how the interview went..Now just have top wait and see if I get picked for the second one where I would actually talk to the supervisor and do the test drive in the truck. That will be the nervous part as I have only driven the ones at the truck driving school back in Feb...
I've been drivin for 21 years and its no big deal.They just wanna see if u are payin attention and courteous

Good Luck & Chillax in the driving test. I went through the same thing once with the driving school etc.
See if he needs you to do a pre flight inspection first. Then just relax and drive. You already past THE TEST and have a CDL right. They will probibly place you with a trainer driver for the first 2 weeks anyway or team you for a while. You already have the basics. Use your mirrors alot, No sudden moves, Take ownership of the intersection on a green left and wait if you have to, remember G.O.A.L. (Get Out And Look) if you are unsure of backing clearances, Use a spotter if poss. but don't trust all the way!, Never trust a nice driver waving you on out in front of them in their right-away NEVER!!! and ALWAYS watch the blind lane at a stop light for crosswalk pedestrians still clearing the walkway!
Had a friend of mine drive for a couple of years and left. Didn't drive semi for a few years and had to jump back in, said it was like riding a bike, he never forgot how!
I sure hope you get the job! I'm sure you can do it or you wouldn't have the license!!!! LOL!!!:-D

Yep, I agree with being relaxed... I remember how nervous i was in the class. But it all seemed to come together for me in the last week of it..I remember the day of my test drive with the state.. man I was so nervous, just knew I would blow it...You know that was my best drive ever.. The school I went to was great.. They pushed for driving safely..And yeah mirror checks are important, backing never was a problem for me.. So now it's just the waiting game.

Hay Bud That is some good news, You know what you are doing and just be yourself, Waiting will be the hard part.

Yeah Mike the waiting is always fun uh, Well the good news is I got a call today to come in for the second interview on tues..I was so excited when she asked me to come in for the second one....I'm feeling really good about this. will let you all know what happens.

Good luck and my prayers are with you. My Pop drove for 25 years and 3,000,000 miles, says it'll all come together for you.

Yeah Mike the waiting is always fun uh, Well the good news is I got a call today to come in for the second interview on tues..I was so excited when she asked me to come in for the second one....I'm feeling really good about this. will let you all know what happens.

That is what we're talking about!!!!! =D>=D>=D>=D>

A second interview is a good sign.:cheers:

Ramenth Thanks I appreciate it.. Yeah i am sure it will come back to me..Even tho I have only driven 2 trucks and not very far as it was in the school..

Redfastback...Thanks, and yeah that is what we are talking about...That is a good sign....I have got the old books out and refreshing myself on some of the areas that I feel will be important....Kind of going over the different shift paterns as it will be a truck I know nothing about and at the school the only ones we had were 10 speeds.

Excellent! A second interview! That's a great idea to to study up before a second interview too. Not only do you have the obvious benefit of having the additional knowledge but I feel that it increases a persons confidence when walking in the door, knowing that they are prepared and loaded for bear. :)

That is some good new's bud :cheers: the second interview :-D:-D
Map out your mind and reach for all you can :cheers: be your self and brake a leg Tuesday:cheers:

Confidence and an open mind in what you do will get this job in the bag :cheers:

ram, I just feel the more I can take with me the better my chances are of getting the job..

Thanks memike...Yeah I agree on mapping out my mind so i know what I am doing when I go in.. There are 2 test I have to take when I get there besides the driving test..I wish I knew what was going to be on them lol Oh well I think I will do fine

-
Back