witch rotating assembily due u guys recommend

-

themudgician

Reaction score
im ready to buy a rotating assy. i can get a eagle rotating assy for 1600 at my local shop not balanced and it is a 505 kit with a 4.125 crank. or should i get the 440 source 512 kit.its a 400 block. also im going to buy a set of victor heads, due the max wedge heads flow any better than the standard port victors. it will be a street strip car.thanks for any opions

it ia a 400 block, 50/50 street strip use. im looking for a 650 horse . its going in a swinger

I have used t he 440 scource kit in a 400 and am extremely pleased with it...not the 906 heads I used are wildly modified and flow exceptionally, also use this as a street car but it gets me in trouble.....fast and a tire eater have fun..

Most people dont like my opinion, but the wedge 512 kit is not a street engine. The largest i'll go in a B is 3.915 stroke. That's because the pistons get so short you can't build in a good quench, the rings do not stay stable, and simply put, they wear out very quickly. The oil rings need a support rail because the pin goes thru it. They are fantastic race engines. Not good street engines. Plus, it is pretty easy to get the same horsepower, with a little less torque for better driveability with treaded tires. You need a serious set of heads in any event.

-
Back