Wives and kids that drive vintage Mopars

-

TylerW

Reaction score
Well guys, I've always seen passing references to wives and or the kids that also drive vintage mopars as daily drivers, and I think that's utterly cool when most wives and kids demand something modern and air conditioned these days.

I'd like to hear about and see what the wife and the kids drive daily and their experiences if you care to post it.

I can't really attest to kids but my wife drives my 66. And I'm keeping the 66 and 71 for my boys when they turn of age.

I for one hate A/C, no reason for it on a day when you can have the windows down.

My 18 YO son's lowered '68 Dart GT, 383, 727, 3.23 8-3/4 true-trac. Been on this forum for a couple years now....

Soon to become an A833 OD car.....

Attachments

• Dart 4-22-12 profile pic.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 221
I for one am a bit young. I love my Mopars and have been in them since I was little! Many years now. I have quite a few mopars including A B and 1 E body left.
I have a 70 dart swinger Hemi Orange I drive every now and then by no means a daily driver until I change the rear out of it.
I also have a 71 dart swinger Factory butterscotch I will be driving daily with a 360 in it. Soon to be a 4 speed car.
As for B bodies I have a few rare ones but most of them are projects.
I have a 69 Sport sattelite 318 car factory copper mattalic. Changing to a 383 this weekend.
Also have a 64 belvidere 2 2 door hard top 361 car changing to a 440 soon once I get the motor back!
As for my E body it is just a project.
I will post some pics!
I love my mopars always have and always will!
I have quite a few other projects but thoes are the main ones!

My son bought a 1987 Shelby Daytona 2.2 turbo/ 5spd/ 18 lbs boost. Might not be to somes liking. But it is vintage 27 years old.

Some pics of my cars.

Attachments

• IMG_0098.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_1143.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_1404.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 176
  • Untitled.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 168
Wait, What?!?! you guys let your wives and kids drive your cars?????
:wack:
:lol:
ok maybe if they have their own.
I took my 16yr daughter for driving lessons in my 73 360 Duster a few weeks ago...she bugs me every other day about going again. Says she'd rather drive the Duster than the cheap exploder we picked up for her. She's driven it more than my wife and I've had the car for almost 9 yrs.

If I drive my Dart for a week I use a tank of gas. My wife drives it and uses a half a tank a day...

-
Back