Wives/Girlfriends = Car Women

How many of you have wives/girlfriends/significant other who works on cars?

• Yup my wife/girlfriend/significant other stands by me and is a willing mechanic.

Votes: 29 20.1%
  • My wife/girlfriend/boyfriend helps now and then.

Votes: 54 37.5%
  • Nope I get zero support or help

Votes: 61 42.4%

• Total voters
-

LJS30

Reaction score
How many of you guys have wives or girlfriends/significant other who is willing to help you with your projects? I ask this because my wife really came through big time on my latest brake job on my daily. I always knew she was into cars since she was a street racer back in the day. But man, she really got down in the trenches and did very well.

my wife used to help me... but now with 5 kids and a couple of grandkids.... she is pretty busy and does not have time.

my wife helps if i ask her to help me. i am wondering how much she will help when i start working on my project barracuda!!!

I bought my car new in 1970...met my wife in the same year. She goes to car shows with me and she still helps in the garage from time to time.

My wife comes into the garage on occasion and asks if there's anything she can do to help. I've had her help in the past on a couple of projects.

And she knows the stipulation with the Sport Satellite: she wants to drive it she has to get her hands dirty on it.

My wife is willing to sit and watch and keep me company while I work. She will jump in when you get to that point when you need that other person. She might not know much about cars but she is a great helper when help is needed.

I married a great Women. Their isn't anything she wouldn't do for me. In addition, she loves going to the car shows. Third, she just recently stated she would like a muscle car of her own. So we are now planning that new addition to our mopar family. Off to work now to pay for this stuff:cheers:

I've got a good one guys. Sometime ago i had a guy that i let use my shop for free so he wouldn't have to lay in the mudhole and work on his car and so i could help him and he could help me but one time he wasn't around and i was installing the headers on my 440 Duster. I needed help and she could see my frustration when i came in so she said she would be glad to help. Out we went and 30 min later they were in. Some of the bolts were in tight places and she used her smaller hands to make it easier. If i ask she'll be on it with me. Cant ask for more.
Small Block

If i'm doing something on the car that requires more then 2 hands she always is willing to help,her and my 2 daughters LOVE the duster...

My wife is the original California hot rod/party girl. Her first car was a 67 Charger, then a 69 Cutlass, she had a lifted truck in the mid 70's. Shes from Modesto, guess its in her blood.

She doesnt like getting dirty though, but she will help buy parts and watch me fixing stuff.

My wife is willing to sit and watch and keep me company while I work. She will jump in when you get to that point when you need that other person. She might not know much about cars but she is a great helper when help is needed.

Tammy is willing to help out also in her free time. She has the bug just as bad as me sometimes, and wants to sell the house and move to the country so we can have room for "parts cars".:cheers: God I love her! :-D

She is also a member here, but seldom has time to post or browse alot. It is getting too busy here to keep up!

She can find TDC too Tnplumber!

My wife really isn't a car gal and she could care less either way but she lets me spend endless hours out in the shop without a complaint, she will pop in once in while to pump the brake pedal or something like that or to see if there is anything good burning... lol... but as I do alot of body work and painting she will just say it stinks in here and make a quick exit, what a gal after all it is a Man Cave

well im not married, but my girlfriend of 3 years has been great supporting me with the car..she has helped me out too, sometimes sanding when i was doing the bodywork, but mostly little jobs that wont require her to get dirty much...either way she enjoys watching, enjoys the car shows too, and she hasnt dumped me yet for all the time i spend on the car and not with her (which is a gem in my opinion, since ive already had many girls tell me if they were her they would be gone)...she has probably been my biggest support besides my dad and mom, so she knows that shotgun is reserved for her on the first drive! lol

I love to go to car shows and I will try to help my boyfriend when he works on his cars but I really don't know that much about how to fix them yet still learning.

She is there for moral support, She is not much of a car girl but she know's what parts I need and surprises me with parts =P~ She surprised me with a 390 Holley in 08 for Victoria for Christmas and a few needed tools :happy10:
All I would have to do is ask if I needed help, But she is just happy that I am happy 8) She goes to car shows with me but mainly enjoys our time together
She helped me push Victoria out of her nest a couple months ago so I could give her a bath :-D Na, Not mush of a gear head but I have never seen her pull a spark plug or change air filter, I keep that dun

Getting things started to run 4 barrel 111.jpg

My wife helps when asked, sometimes you need an extra set of hands. If any of you have used a hand crank bead roller you know it's a 2 man, well one man, one wife cranking job :-D

Geez Mike, your engine looks incredible :cheers:

Mine has always done as much work on the cars as I have and she there ready to go when we cruise the cars, I am very lucky.

Note guys, I put boyfriend in the poll for the ladies on our forum in addition with the possibility that a couple of you guys may believe in an alternative lifestyle. Hey, you never know. :cheers:

My wife helps when asked, sometimes you need an extra set of hands. If any of you have used a hand crank bead roller you know it's a 2 man, well one man, one wife cranking job :-D

THATS MY HOBBIE,I DONT HELP HER WITH HER SCRAPBOOKING!

Thank you Rob :happy10: She is setting in here nest with dual exhaust maifolds and intake on and ready for the muffler shop, The weather has got me on hold for know but it about to get there :happy10:

my fiancee helps when i ask especially if it has to do with paint or body work for some reason, man she can sand, i got real lucky she even is fully supportive of me opening my own shop when the time comes, most girls would say that i wouldnt get to see them enough but she's like sure we can sleep there together on late nights. god i love her

-
Back