Wives, girlfriends, mistresses, etc...

-

LJS30

Reaction score
How many of you guys have wives, girlfriends, mistresses, uh, boyfriends, heck, if that floats your boat, who get behind the wheel of your rides at the track? I think it would be pretty cool having my wife take some turns on my Dart if I ever get it to that point.

My wife is a BMW master technician and SCCA racer. I have no problem with her taking the wheel if she would listen lol! This ain't gonna be no 2 liter German road racer. She lets me drive her X3, so i guess I gotta let her drive the duster when it's done. If she listens to me dammit, lol!

Her X3 feels just so dissconected. the handling is awsome, but the drive-by-wire sucks. You have to snap the shifter into sport mode to get almost real time throttle response. Brakes are too sensitive. it's a chick car, lol!

Only two people are allowed (and truly know how) to drive my Duster. My dad and I. Period.

my wifes driving skill is very close to mine.

she loves the 1/4 mile, but im trying to switch her over to the twisty track.

I actually built a 75 Dart for my wife to bracket race in that ran high 12's. She loves it.
I am currently working on a Duster for myself and after I am done with it, she wants me to get her 66GT into the 11's.

I am going to be very busy for a couple of years, but I consider myself the luckiest poor man alive. 8) She likes to fish too, and no, she doesn't have any sisters. LOL.

Here is my wife's car I got for her as a wedding gift almost 4 years ago. 1970 Dart Swinger factory FM3 Panther Pink, 318/904 8 3/4. I have since added a 68 340 intake, 625 Carter 4 bbl, 340 HP manifolds, Mopar electronic ignition, 2 1/4 dual exhaust with stainless a-body tips and an Heddman Hedder X-Pipe, and 3.23 Sure Grip. She has raced it 19 runs down the 1/4 mile by herself, pulling off great reaction times and mid 15 second 1/4 mile times, Not bad for a pretty stock 318! She loves the car, and now since we have a 1 year old daughter, the car will probably be hers some day!! :love7:

DSC00750.jpg

DSC00749.jpg

DSC00754.jpg

DSC00753.jpg

I let the wife take the car any time she wants,I limit the girl freind to only a few times a year,and never let the mistress drive any of the cars/trucks,mrmopartech

once my duster is complete i believe my girlfriend won't know how to drive it due to manual steering since she is pampered with a bmw 3 series.

I'm diggin on these stories! It's great to know there's other lead-foot ladies out there like me.

Though it's been many years, my boyfriend at the time let me take his 396 4-speed 69 Chevelle down the 1/4 mile at the Pueblo Motor Sports track once. At the end of the run when I came back to the pits, he was livid and demanded that I get out of the car immediately. "You're never driving my car again! Ever ever ever!!!!"

A few minutes later, his best friend pulled me off to the side. He revealed that I'd beat Jeff's best time by two and half seconds, his ET by 9 miles an hour, and his reaction time by almost a full second. I still have the 13.14 / .003 / 1.18 60-foot time slip somewhere.

What can I say? The boy just couldn't shift. :-D

ONLY two people are allowed to drive the Dart, thats my dad and I. If worse comes to worse, my mom drives it but not very far. Her driving scares me :shock:.

i let jamie take a few runs down the track with my dart. scared the heck out of herself the first one or two runs. told her no burnout and just to put it in drive and let it shift by itself. she did good. think her best was like a 12.5 or 12.7 (i would have to find the time slip). she had a blast. bufore those ruse all she ever ran was her 17 second dart..lol

Excellent stories and input. Well, my wife used to race a tuner when she was in high school. I turned her on to muscle so now she wants me to complete the 74 Dart so she can take it on the strip.

Do it!! Me and my wife are having a blast building and racing cars.

It is nice to have a hobby in common. Most guys seem to want to ditch their wives but I prefer mine comes along, no matter what I am doing. She is my buddy and my best friend.
You'll find out that most guys are like, "man, I wish my wife would do that."8)
I hear it all the time.

when my dart is finnaly done I will be the only driver. my wife doesnt like it anyhow, she wants a 64 to a 66 mustang. I probably wouldnt let her drive it anyhow, she has rolled 2 of my vehicles in the past.

My wife has absolutely no interest in my cars except for me "getting that damn car done" so she can ride in the passenger side. She kinda lets me loose on getting things done, but no interest other than that. I have tried for years to get her interested so we could get her a car of her own, but to no avail.

I'm diggin on these stories! It's great to know there's other lead-foot ladies out there like me.

Though it's been many years, my boyfriend at the time let me take his 396 4-speed 69 Chevelle down the 1/4 mile at the Pueblo Motor Sports track once. At the end of the run when I came back to the pits, he was livid and demanded that I get out of the car immediately. "You're never driving my car again! Ever ever ever!!!!"

A few minutes later, his best friend pulled me off to the side. He revealed that I'd beat Jeff's best time by two and half seconds, his ET by 9 miles an hour, and his reaction time by almost a full second. I still have the 13.14 / .003 / 1.18 60-foot time slip somewhere.

What can I say? The boy just couldn't shift. :-D

Attagirl Leanna :love7:

My wife has supported and helped with my car addiction for 20 years. She grew up with a 74 Valiant & has driven every car we have ever owned together including my two current early A's since we usually take both to local shows. Blessed that she is as much of a car guy as I am. She has never raced at the track but planning to change that soon.

Oldschoolcuda

I was permitting my 17 year old daughter to take my '71 Swinger to high school until I decided to go w/ classic car insurance. Heacock's requirement that all drivers of the car must have @ least ten years of driving experience put a halt to that practice.
She did get a kick out of driving it, though; every time she did and came out of school at the end of the day there would be three or four male students hanging around the car, waiting to find out who was driving it. Course, then they would ask her to pop the hood, show the interior, etc. She said it took half an hour extra time to leave school the days she drove it.

I feel real lucky. My wife wrenches and races !!!!!!! We are in the process of adopting a sibling group of 4 kids and they all enjoy it also. My only problem with that is whos car am i working on today.
8)8)8)8)
Frank

It won't matter, you'll be smiling whichever car you work on. That's how I am anyway, it doesn't HAVE to be my car that I working on because I enjoy helping out my Dad or my friends work on their cars as well. Don't have a kiddo yet, so can't help get him started

My wife hates the Mopars. Rides in them reluctantly, wouldn't drive if her life depended on it. Not sure if she's scared of them or just jealous. :toothy7:

My wife drove my 65 Dart GT convertible prior to it going down for a complete resto. Keeps telling me to get the damn thing done befores she's too old to drive it. Her favorite car to drive was my 71 Challenger convert (long gone) and the fastest car she said she ever drove was my 69 440 Charger (also long gone). Have to see what she says with a pair of 340-equipped Darts (the convert and wagon).

-
Back