WIW-1969 Dart

-

jeeper

Reaction score
I was out visiting a friend picking up a car today and he says that he would sell this Dart to me.

It is a 1969 car, V8, 3-speed on the tree. He said that if he removed the 8 3/4" rear he would sell me the car for $500.00.

Now, there is more to the story. It has no engine, trans, radiator, and a thoroughly tweaked rear quarter. That is the bad stuff. The good is that the rest of the car is straight, nice grill, good glass and a decent interior for now. No rust, and it comes with a replacement quarter for that side. Decent SBP mags etc. along with a good title. He is willing to throw in a good hump for the transmission to be converted to 4-speed. There is also a 4-speed column that goes with it. It has not been through the ringer, other than the quarter.

So, I am basically getting a straight shell, and good paperwork for $500.00.

I have done alot with the 70-76 A bodies, but not much with the middle stuff.

Any ideas or input? I was going to buy it and use it later perhaps, since this stuff is getting harder to find. But I could use the money elsewhere if this is not a decent deal. I do like the car.

Thanks, ROB

sounds like a great project to me, snap it up now. try to get the 8/3 quarter with it though. If the car's as complete as you say ya can't go wrong! the clear title is the clincher.

jeeper where are you from? I would snag the 69 up and give you a finders fee.
I have a narrowed 8 3/4 and a wormed up 360 waiting for a find like that one.

Yep if I where you I would get her to the house. :blob: Nice find. :coffee2:

From what you've told us, it sounds like a fair price, but would be better if you gave him $600 and kept the 8 3/4 in it. Maybe he'll deal some.

The problem is that he does not want a whole lot of cars, but he can use the rear. He wanted $600 for the rear. So it was $1100, with the rear end.

I am going out there to get another car and I will likely look underneath it and see how bad the quarter really is.

I have checked ebay, and if I needed to part it I should come out OK.

Thank you for the input as always, ROB

-
Back