WIW 1973 Dodge Dart Sport 340 automatic

-

QuintinMotorCompany

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well it's that season again.. A customer and old freind of my dad said he had his old dart still.. He wrecked it in the 80s on a bridge,

We went and checked it out.. It's a all original 1973 Dodge Dart sport 340 automatic far with all paper work and fendertag.

It was hit bad and is wrinkled bad... It even turned up the rocker panel..

The car is loaded with options and has a sunroof,half vinyl top

ALSO has A/C and fold down back seat and bucket seats and console

The interior is in GREAT condition and the body is in super shape!

It has disc brakes and sway bar and 8 1/4.. I forgot to get any pics but it is hit very hard

The 340 is good and complete carb to pan and still in the car and has a 727 trans..

So what do you think is a good price for This car? It is very solid and complete :violent2:

It would be worth more in parts, that being said, without pics, it sounds like a 1500-3000 range car to me.

Whatever you think it's worth in parts. Motor & tranny, and a few other things. Don't know if I'd be up towards 3k, I would be thinking the lower part of 1500. In my humble opinion, the 360 magnums being so cheap have lowered the desire of 340's for street/strip applications, and have reduced them (if you will) to resto #'s matching motors. For the guy pulling a slant for a small block is further ahead by giving 400 bucks for a good running 360 mag than 1200 for a running 340. JMO

If it has been hit hard and wrinkled like you said, all you have is parts. I wouldn't say over $1K in my opinion. would have to see a lot of pics to go higher. And it would also depend on what parts is good and if someone needs them.

You buying to try and make money? Or buying to get parts at a good dea and hold onto the parts? Or fix up again?

Isn't worth anything more than $2k IMO. Sure you could part it out for more. But you have to deal to have the headache of parting it out.
Or
Whatever a 340 and matching trans is worth in your area is the value of the whole car...all the extra parts are gravy.

Any pics?

They arnt desirable. There ugly...I have one...love it, but know one else does. I may have to part mine out.

If you get it, I need a small patch for my duster. Let me know.

If it has been hit hard and wrinkled like you said, all you have is parts. I wouldn't say over $1K in my opinion. would have to see a lot of pics to go higher. And it would also depend on what parts is good and if someone needs them.

Worth more than $1k.

I went back and read the post again that the OP posted. You said it was hit hard on a bridge back in the 80's, wrinkled bad, bad enough to turn up the rocker panel and then you go on to say that the body is in super shape. I don't get it. am I missing something here. I don't see how a body can be in super shape if it has been hit hard, hard enough to turn up the rocker panel and wrinkle the body.

Pull motor, that about it 340 wise. C'mon, a totalled 73 Dart minus motor after you pull it? Take brakes (not uncommon)rear end (very not uncommon) and some interior parts. may have $1000 there and left with $200 scrap metal. Now if you got a basket 73 Dart and need a full interior, motor brakes and a rear, this might be right up your alley.

-
Back