WIW-Not a Mopar-not mine

-
Thanks, He seems pretty motivated to trade for a Mopar. I would only be interested as a way to finance another Mopar project(Cuda). But It looks like I'd be better off selling my Dart to fund it. It is a nice truck if you like Chebbies. If I was to get a truck, it would be a 50's or even older Mopar.

Scarce also considering the small rear window.

...btw, there is an ever increasing popularity for long WB trucks, now. :thumbup:

I'd offer $4500, and settle somewhere under $6000.

Scarce also considering the small rear window.

...btw, there is an ever increasing popularity for long WB trucks, now. :thumbup:

I'd offer $4500, and settle somewhere under $6000.

I think you have that backwards. The big back window is the rare one. Just go down the completed auctions and see how many big back window trucks there are compared to the small ones.

I think you have that backwards. The big back window is the rare one. Just go down the completed auctions and see how many big back window trucks there are compared to the small ones.

For those year trucks the big back window is the rare one,however it is a long bed which is less deseriable i think that if everything was done right it's not a bad price but a hard sell [long bed]. As said many time before they are only worth what one would pay for it.

For those year trucks the big back window is the rare one,however it is a long bed which is less deseriable i think that if everything was done right it's not a bad price but a hard sell [long bed]. As said many time before they are only worth what one would pay for it.

Doesn't matter, the small window is the more desirable of the two.

Long beds had always been considered "work trucks", at least until recently. Now with the advent of all the new bed products available for long bed sporting, that attitude is changing. Especially when you consider regular cab truck. People are using them for more than just work. Long beds are becoming the go to vehicle. When you consider that when you put a tool box into a short bed, you end up with about 4 feet of bed left. With a long bed you can have a tool box (and most people don't put tools in them, they simply use them as they would the trunk of a car) you still have the equivalent of a short bed left.

Granted, that doesn't hold true with extended cabs and crew cabs, but it is becoming more and more popular with regular cab trucks.

I own 5 pick up trucks, 4 of them have 8 foot beds, (1 reg. Cab, and 3 diesel crew cabs). I also have a crew cab with a short bed.

Only truck I would ever buy would be a long bed,...both of mine are long beds,...but I still buy and use trucks for use as a truck,...(I know, I know, I'm an oddity...)first thing I did with mine was throw firewood and cinder blocks in em, so's I can get that first scratch outa the way,...(folks can't/won't do that today,Heaven's No) ...they should stick to SUV's. Anything else I would consider a toy,...most vehicles I see today are what I would call "automotively genderly confused", aka;womens trucks

Had a Nice Warlock when I lived in SoCal,...was a screamer,ran like a raped ape, 360/727 shortbed, lots of zoot,...totally useless as a truck,couldn't load up with a weekend full of camping gear without the *** end showin It, traded It for a 70 300,...got more use out of that...

Only truck I would ever buy would be a long bed,...both of mine are long beds,...but I still buy and use trucks for use as a truck,...(I know, I know, I'm an oddity...)first thing I did with mine was throw firewood and cinder blocks in em, so's I can get that first scratch outa the way,...(folks can't/won't do that today,Heaven's No) ...they should stick to SUV's. Anything else I would consider a toy,...most vehicles I see today are what I would call "automotively genderly confused", aka;womens trucks

Long beds are the work trucks and the others are toys. Ford realized that in 1997 with the model change so they took advantage of it and most of their trucks were short beds on the F-150 but there were a few long beds here and there. In 2002/2003 I watched for about 6 months to find a F-150 long bed. Ford's idea was to push their Super Duty long beds as the work horse and it has worked out pretty well for them. LOL, Personally I like my 19' bed on the rollback much better than my 8' bed.

-
Back