WIW-Slant 6 Air Cleaner

-

jd340

Reaction score
Got digging through the garage this afternoon, and found this. I'm no slant expert, and need to know what vintage it is and what it's worth. As you can see, it does have some rust on the inside. I'm guessing a light pass with a sandblaster would clean it up, but should be fine to use as is. I just want to sell it to someone who needs it. I'm not looking to get rich. :toothy8:

Attachments

• WP_000080 (Medium).jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 188
  • WP_000082 (Medium).jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 198
Looks like maybe mid-60s vintage. Check my pic. This is on a 65 Barracuda with a /six.

Attachments

• engine2.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 198
looks l ike the 1 on my 65 barracuda parts car but mine doesnt say doesnt say
super 225 it just says 225 i saw some 1 looking for 225 super parts on here last week hope they find you nice peice gl

If you try to blast just the inside (unless you try it with 30 psi which won't do much), it's going to tear up the outside too.

Looks like it's in pretty good shape overall though! That's good ... dents in those body lines in the lid are really tough to fix. That metal's thick.

Best of luck for a quick sale! :-D

Thanks for the heads up, cudachick. So would this one be correct up to about 69-70? I think it came off my old 67 dart.

You are correct. '70 would be a good cut off year, maybe '71.

Holy cow, it's David!!!! :-D Been awhile my friend! How are you and the fabulous little missy doing?? Hopefully this finds you both well.

Oops, sorry about the unrelated commentary in the For Sale ad. :-( I got excited at seeing an old friend.

Shhh, this isn't for sale ad. You're gonna get me in trouble. ;) I need a price so I can post an ad (in the correct category)

jd340, does the lid have a nipple for the valve cover breather? if so that can be used from 65-69 on cars with CAP(clean air package) they also work well for someone wanting a factory look with a four barrel.A 9'' cheap chrome parts store air cleaner is used for the filter and the four barrel base and fits in that top nice.

Found a photo of one on my friends car.Slant six cars come in handy.

Attachments

• IMG_0728.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 112
No it doesn't Darter, just a single small nipple on the underside of the base.

-
Back