WNY old mopar Man

-

terzmo

Reaction score
Been driving mopars since 1966 and before going to SEA I had a 64 barracuda with a 273 ..4 speed. Beat the living heck out of that car and it never failed Me. Used to buy re-caps for the rear at 6 bucks a piece and had to get new ones about every month.

After years of B bodies...I picked up a 72 demon in excellent condition,just gotta put it together. LM code 4 speed...will verify if original block next week but prety sure it is as I bought it from an estate...original owner. No build sheet or data tag is a bummer but who faithfully kept them.( a build sheet was in the back seat but it was for a valiant and no numbers came close...Thanks Detroit)

So I'll be on this site bugging people with questions on where to get parts.

Thanks in advance to all.

Welcome and you bring back memories, as I had a 66 cuda, 4 spd, 273 HiPo. Drove it from NY to California on rear recaps and dual exhausts straight off the glass packs. Do I have hearing problems now? Yep. Where are you in WNY?

I wish I could take everyone out for a ride in that car just one more time to prove how quick that car was...273/2bbl/180 h.p and I never lost to a 283 or 289 4 bbl car. Beat everything up to a 327/4 bbl...they creamed Me. Freak thing..one of those every piston/ring/..everything fitting right.

also took 318's...352 fords.....292 fords...no contest.

Welcome to FABO. I purchased a clean '72 Demon from Lockport a few months ago and am in the process of restoring it myself. I'm in Rochester. Would love to see some pics!

pic of the demon...outside looks great...no interior at all but I'm driving it

Attachments

• IM001415.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 109
Keep the build sheet. Someone may be looking for it. There are places you can register them so people can look them up

-
Back