Woe is Stinkin' Me........

-

pastortom1

Reaction score
What a 2 days I've had.......especially with Congress drivin' me crazy......

I prepped and sprayed some blackouts on an A-Body, using black base, then clear with flattening agent...........All was well with my soul.........

I sprayed the scoop (on a separate stand) with black base as well, and as I was ready to put the clear on, I saw a 3" long spot that had LIFTED........Stinkin' thing............

Now, with a 2 hour window for my 2K clear mix, I scrambled to fix the area.....wet sanded it, cleaned it, and tried a quick recoat.......No go again.....(a shot in the dark anyway......usually doesn't work).......

SO, I had to scrap my clear mix completely, and let the scoop set. Had to reseal the affected area, wet sand again, then re-base. No problem.

I remix some clear with flattener, and was very careful to use the same mathematical formula.........I figure I was within a quarter ounce or less here or there of being dead on with the mix.........I respray the mix, and no flattening is evident after 2 hours.....(that's all it usually takes to see some results)........I am LIVID.............

Now I have no more flattener.........No one in my area has it, and the closest one (an hour away...not in the cards until Monday) has it, but a different BRAND (could very well be a different formula)..............

Bottom line.......The scoop don't match the hood, and I am frosted........

I've sounded a bit like Tony the Tiger for the last few hours..........

Looks as if I'll have to recoat the entire project now with new paint.

I shoulda' gone swimmin'.

could be worse.... could be the whole car... not just the hood... ;)
Have a RELAXING weekend and think about it on monday..

Remember the mantra, Tom. This is fun, this is fun, this is......LOL Mike

-
Back