Woke Up Early & Caught This on Power Nation. Very Cool

-

Oldschoolcuda

Early-A Body Nerd
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Eight early a bodies and i have never owned one with a /6.
My next one will have a 225 so very excited when i caught their build on power nation this morning. Hope the link works.
Sweet Slant Six

Cool. I read an article in hotrod where they souped up a slanty in a 70 duster to get stock 340 V8 power levels. I guess with the same amount of money spent you could have a really bad *** V8. I think thats why most people dont build them, but run em to enjoy the car until they have all the parts for a V8 swap.

Do it and be different. Will be cooler to see at a car show than nothing but a sea of V8s.

Buddy of mine is big into /6. Recently put one in his 1972 valiant. Port fuel injected with a custom made intake manifold and custom header. He plans to turbo it soon

Nice mild build. They put it on dyno in next episode. Only took it up to 4000 rpm due to freshness. Pulled 130 rear wheel hp @ 4000 rpm with stock 904. So you figure around 170 at the crank.
Not to shabby.
Stock engine they removed pulled 70 hp

Doug Dutra just released his book on the slant,.. Many would consider that the Bible. Many other people out there with ability to hotrod the slant too.
Many reasons to like the slant and many have the desire to push it to it's limits. Turbo, or normal engine building work, or simple coolness or just being different.
I doubt anyone can argue there are less expensive ways to get more hp and torque though.

Of course their are less expensive avenues. They are all over this forum but this is the slant six section is it not. Roll with it. lol

Great link. 4 ads in a row... couldn't even watch it.
It's all been done, though not enough times with the slant

Yea. The Links ads due suck.
Everything's been done dude.
Yep. I'm more so saying.. though there arent many combos to try and the ground has been covered ten fold... it's just nice to see the slant get more exposure show/magazine wise.
1, 2x1, 2, 2x2, 4, turbo, na, only a couple pistons depending on rods, average mod head flow ceiling of 190-200cfm. They're a neat motor and make decent power 225-260 hp average build... wish they made an aluminum head that flowed 225-240cfm and could easily do a streetable 325 hp. Even a 4.25 crank would be nice.

I look forward to getting my 62 Lancer (Toad) on the road maybe this fall. It will be just a stock deal, maybe with the head milled for some more comprssion. I hope it will be good (fun driving down the back roads) in that light a car. There are a half dozen old Mopars here at my house, couple others with the 2 bbl suoer six in 3000-3300 lb cars, and highway gears.

After only v8 powered mopars, Looking forward to my first /6 build.
Will be new to me so very, very excited. High HP is not my ultimate goal.

I have an aluminum block car with orginal AL/.
I'm not super stoked on those years...so I've held off on the build or restoring of the car... but I am thinking if building the motor soon and just filling the block to avoid head gasket failure due to the thin sealing surface at the top of the liners. Roller cam like RRR has been pondering would be nice...and dual webbers.

Dual Webber's would be sweet. Bought that complete setup 3 years ago at moparmadness and was just thinking profit and had no use for it at time so like a fool sold it. Arg.
Local guy bought and still runs on his 64 dart.

I have only had 1 mopar with a slant a 67 barracuda, it always had that feeling of
I'm gonna get you there no matter what. Loved the solid lifter sound idling!

-
Back