Wood Grain - 69 Barracuda

-

MonkeyTrev

Reaction score
I am considering buying the classic instruments 67-69 Barracuda dash, but I really want the wood grain look of the stock dash and deluxe interior. (Not my car btw, mine is in boxes and bags all over my shop)

EDF2B51C-9E93-4F29-A9B5-38A841A6DA3D.jpeg
578C4860-827C-4117-B63B-6C4F769C9E81.png

Does anyone know where I could buy a roll of the wood decal to cut and apply to the aftermarket dash that would match the factory wood grain? I really wanna upgrade my gauges, but I wanna keep the overall appearance pretty classic.

Or if anyone has any gauge upgrades that will fit into the stock dash and give me (Speedo, Tach, Oil, Temp, Volt, and Fuel) Id love to hear options. If I could keep my stock dash I’d prefer that. I plan on running MSD ignition, so the tach needs to work with that.

Last edited:
I am considering buying the classic instruments 67-69 Barracuda dash, but I really want the wood grain look of the stock dash and deluxe interior. (Not my car btw, mine is in boxes and bags all over my shop)

View attachment 1715772872 View attachment 1715772873
Does anyone know where I could buy a roll I’d like the wood decal to cut and apply to the aftermarket dash that would match the factory wood grain? I really wanna upgrade my gauges, but I wanna keep the overall appearance pretty classic.

Or if anyone has any gauge upgrades that will fit into the stock dash and give me (Speedo, Tach, Oil, Temp, Volt, and Fuel) Id love to hear options. If I could keep my stock dash I’d prefer that. I plan on running MSD ignition, so the tach needs to work with that.

How about this?

Mopar A Body 67 Barracuda Dart Rallye Dash Overlay - WALNUT Vinyl on Aluminum Look Plastic Backing

The woodgrain changed over the years. The 1968 had a burl grain, while the '69 had a straight grain as shown on the DMT page. Are you trying to match it to interior door panels? Or think you might want to?
Dave Patik was the very best at producing these, and would make custom pieces. Unfortunately, he passed away last fall.

The woodgrain changed over the years. The 1968 had a burl grain, while the '69 had a straight grain as shown on the DMT page. Are you trying to match it to interior door panels? Or think you might want to?
Dave Patik was the very best at producing these, and would make custom pieces. Unfortunately, he passed away last fall.
I am wanting to match the wood to the door panels. I want to buy a sheet of the straight grain that I could cut into the shapes I need for the custom dash.

Redline gauges in SoCal will update your ammeter to a voltmeter, keeping it looking original with the original face. They will also put a new tach that will work with an MSD behind your original tach face. Good stock gauges should work for the rest, unless you're racing.

Redline gauges in SoCal will update your ammeter to a voltmeter, keeping it looking original with the original face. They will also put a new tach that will work with an MSD behind your original tach face. Good stock gauges should work for the rest, unless you're racing.

Oh that might actually be what I do. Do you have any idea the cost of having that work done to a dash ? If I could keep the stock dash, but get the modern performance out of them that would be my preferred choice. If it’s cheaper than the whole new dash and gauges I’m down for it.

Oh that might actually be what I do. Do you have any idea the cost of having that work done to a dash ? If I could keep the stock dash, but get the modern performance out of them that would be my preferred choice. If it’s cheaper than the whole new dash and gauges I’m down for it.

I don't know what a modern setup will cost you, but it will probably be cheaper than re-doing your old one. Redline, and the other outfits that do gauge restoration and retrofit get good money for what they do. Redline answers the phone and will quote you right then.

Here's a picture they did of a conversion with a electronic odometer and a ammeter to voltmeter conversion. Not sure about the tach.

Redline conversion.jpg

Redline's owner, Shannon, is an A-Body guy who autocrosses a Valiant.

I don't know what a modern setup will cost you, but it will probably be cheaper than re-doing your old one. Redline, and the other outfits that do gauge restoration and retrofit get good money for what they do. Redline answers the phone and will quote you right then.

Here's a picture they did of a conversion with a electronic odometer and a ammeter to voltmeter conversion. Not sure about the tach.

View attachment 1715773046

Redline's owner, Shannon, is an A-Body guy who autocrosses a Valiant.

I will definitely give them a call and see what I can get done. I appreciate the guidance!

Its not so difficult to convert the stock amp gauge to a volts gauge using the sunpro volt gauge.
The wedge shaped oil and temp gauges are upside down in this panel so I dont know what aftermarket gauge might replace those.
If you did go with the aftermarket dash bezel, I would think you could ship it to James @ DMT and he could plot and cut the correct wood grain to fit it. He helped me with my custom 67 panel.

DeMonDIN plus burl 02 resize.jpg

DeMonDIN plus burl 03 resize.jpg

Its not so difficult to convert the stock amp gauge to a volts gauge using the sunpro volt gauge.
The wedge shaped oil and temp gauges are upside down in this panel so I dont know what aftermarket gauge might replace those.
If you did go with the aftermarket dash bezel, I would think you could ship it to James @ DMT and he could plot and cut the correct wood grain to fit it. He helped me with my custom 67 panel.

View attachment 1715773367

View attachment 1715773368
I’ll have to check out James @ DMT. I’d like to keep the stock dash for right now and try to just do upgraded gauges. I’m gonna contact redline gauges.

-
Back