Woodstock - Who Was There? Who Wishes They Had Been There?

-
Cool, thanks. Yes this is the one they were talking about, I think they were talking about Jimi Hendrix's performance. Anyone seen this???
It was on showtime last year.
Hendrix playing the star spangled banner at night with 4th of july fireworks going off behind him, was one of the Prettiest things you will ever watch.

I met the USS Turner Joy in Subic Bay and made 2 trips back and forth from the gunline.

My last trip was actually on a Destroyer Tender USS Piedmont.

During my 3 years 11 months and 29 days I was assigned 2 Destroyers and 2 tenders. I did decommissioning work on the New Jersey also.

Great experience saw lots of places and things I would just as well not have seen.

I met the USS Turner Joy in Subic Bay and made 2 trips back and forth from the gunline.

My last trip was actually on a Destroyer Tender USS Piedmont.

During my 3 years 11 months and 29 days I was assigned 2 Destroyers and 2 tenders. I did decommissioning work on the New Jersey also.

Great experience saw lots of places and things I would just as well not have seen.

I was on the H.B. Wilson DDG7 two tours of Nam , including Linebacker 2

Thanks to you both for your service. I was kinda fortunate in that I graduated in 1973 and though my draft number was up, they discontinued the draft before I graduated, I think it was in April 1973. I do to this day regret not going into the service though!

I graduated in 74, and decided to get military service out of the way between wars, so I joined.
Ended up as an MP on a training base trying to contain a bunch of unruly drunks and druggies that got forced into service by the courts.
Never saw so much alcohol and drugs in my entire life, and it gave me kind of a dim view of the military so when my time was up I was gone.

-
Back