words that irk me

-
My best friend happens to be a black guy. He's a police officer. He also owns his own landscaping/grass cutting business. He's the workingest guy you ever saw. He's probably gonna break 100K with his landscaping business this year....and he's a one man show. He uses the "N" word more than anyone I know. He cannot stand how people play the victim and says everybody has the same opportunity to make a success or failure of themselves...and he's dead right. He's my brother from another mother.

I grew up where 'saying' the N word was acceptable. "Using" it wasn't. Sounds like your buddy grew up in a similar situation. Too bad when I hang around guys like that, I find myself inclined to say it again, which I try not to do.

I like this one. I use it all the time. Helps me deal with **** when it goes sideways.

My Grandpa used to say you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Or if dealing with a jerk, you can lead an *** to water....

I grew up where 'saying' the N word was acceptable. "Using" it wasn't. Sounds like your buddy grew up in a similar situation. Too bad when I hang around guys like that, I find myself inclined to say it again, which I try not to do.

My Grandpa used to say you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

I'm not afraid of using words. I don't really care what someone thinks that doesn't know who I am. If someone acts like that word, I use it. Whether they're black, white, green, purple or polka dotted. Blacks call themselves that comin and goin and when a white uses it suddenly it's somehow more "wrong"? Gimmie a break. It never bothered me one iota to be called honky, cracker, peckerwood, whitey, or anything else. I just don't give a chit. It's like my friend I told yall about earlier. His attitude is, while he's been called that a lot through his life, it doesn't bother him. You know why? Because he says he knows who he is and that ain't it! lol He says it only offends people if it hits close to home and he's probably right.

You have to ask yourself is this A hole really worth it. If I’m going to expend all this time and energy trying to teach this guy something about life that he should have learned when he was 8 is it Really going to make a difference. 9 times out of 10 your answer will be no. So don’t bother he’ll piss someone off with his prejudice and get his clock cleaned and maybe just maybe.......

All the young people pronounce "important" without the "t" in the middle.

Im-por-unt

Keep your ears peeled for this one. It sounds so stupid.
I just heard a gal on TV talking about a button like on your shirt. She called it a bu-un repeatedly without pronouncing the T.
Damn did she sounded stupid.

Last edited:
Over use of the word great. As in “We had a great car today “ You finished fifth with a great car? Obviously you can’t drive.

Another one..... di'in for didn't. Bein from the south, I do admit to pronouncing that one ditten. LOL

upload_2021-11-16_3-22-35.gif

Jeet jet = did you eat yet?

I'm on line at Burger King, guy walks in and asks the girl behind the counter:
Guy - Is Shontel still here?
Girl - No, he been done left.

The fucked up part is I actually knew what she meant.
I would have said it different "No, He left a while ago"

Jeet jet = did you eat yet?

I'm on line at Burger King, guy walks in and asks the girl behind the counter:
Guy - Is Shontel still here?
Girl - No, he been done left.

The fucked up part is I actually knew what she meant.
I would have said it different "No, He left a while ago"
Depends on your education I guess or how lazy you are.

-
Back