Work clothes

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
Reaction score
So I'm curious as to what you guys wear in the shop??

Do you just use old clothes that you don't mind if they get dirty??

Do you buy name brand work clothes like dickies brand work pants??

Do you have a shop type uniform ??

Pretty much, what are you wearing :rolleyes:

Depends on the season. Summer I go with the dickies, slacks or short pants. Winter Duluth denim. Here in Buffalo we have 2 seasons. And you never know which one is showing up

In Oz....depends if you are north or south...
The North wear shorts...wifebeater singlets and thongs( flip flops)
The south...( the real Aussies) are gentleman and wear appropriate protective clothing

It is always the stuff that was previously good stuff that got worn out in regular use. When a hole starts to form or a small rip appears, they are now shop clothes.

Sweatpants and t-shirt in Spring, Summer and Fall, sweatpants and sweatshirt in the Winter out in my home shop.

And what does @Princess Valiant wear?
89C67AB0-48C2-457F-8BC2-F91A5893E80B.gif

It starts from flipflop and shorts when i work in the interior, during heavy work i wear steeltoe shoes, and during a work with a torch or heavy grinding i wear a leather appron.
Last summer i TIG welded a grill and wear my shorts, gave me a nice sun burn on the lower legs:lol:

Does used ATF in hair count?

Working on these cars or in the shop, I usually wear a smile.

i spend some time in manufacturing and we got our shop uniforms from a place called cintas
i believe the pants were red kaps,come to think of it, the shirts probably too
i had 5 sets, which i bought when i started there (3 short and 2 long sleeves) and they would pay for the laundry

when i quit there, i got to keep the uniforms, so when i expect to get dirty, thats what i wear

Jeans,t shirt and a long sleeve shirt most of the time. Including steel toe work boots. I earn my living fixing cars, and dont want to risk any injury that would prevent me from making a living.
I would like nothing more than to wear shorts when i work. Got a burn on my knee many years ago from exposure to welding. Took forever to heal. I wont make that mistake again.
Play safe. Thats the rule.

Not much of a difference from street clothes to work clothes. Blue jeans and t-shirts. At work we have button up work shirts or polo’s when dealing with the public and coveralls or smocks when in the shop. The biggest difference is at work steel toe Redwings and at home some beat up non steel toe Redwings.

Old colored T-Shirts in the Summer, old long sleeve Flannel shirts Winter, old blue jeans for pants.

Yes can get things pretty grubbed up working around greasy used parts.

More on a mission of getting things done, than worrying about getting some grease on the pants. Worst case senario after a few washings can dispose and go with the next old pair of jeans in line.

Wearing the Corona mask is working good as a dust mask when sanding parts and dusty operations. At least these masks the elastic does not come off like on the cheep store bought white dust masks.

Biggest thing, always like working/being in the shop doing the mopar thing. Something about it, very interesting and satisfying.

Accomplishing little tasks one at time moving things forward. (Well maybe 4 or 5 tasks going on at the same time, as you know how it goes.)

It's all good, lol . . .

20200613_105342.jpg

Jeans,t shirt and a long sleeve shirt most of the time. Including steel toe work boots. I earn my living fixing cars, and dont want to risk any injury that would prevent me from making a living.
I would like nothing more than to wear shorts when i work. Got a burn on my knee many years ago from exposure to welding. Took forever to heal. I wont make that mistake again.
Play safe. Thats the rule.
Yeh, depending what I am doing, I sometimes wear shorts at home, but doesn't matter how hot it is....If I need to weld something -long pants and sleeves. :thumbsup:

Apparently I wear whatever is going to piss the wife off the most when she does the laundry. One would say that after 36 years I'm either damn good at it or she's just stubborn as hell and wont give up (I'd say bitching but that not very nice) complaining.

I mean, come on. I buy her a new wash board every time she wears one out, and those suckers are getting harder to find.

My shop shirts are ones that have become too worn or stained for regular wear. I have a couple of pairs of Duluth Trading firehose pants that are excellent work pants. Expensive to start with ( have to catch them on sale) but last and wear really well. The only trouble is when they get stained or paint spilled on them they are ugly until I finally give up on them.

Apparently I wear whatever is going to piss the wife off the most when she does the laundry. One would say that after 36 years I'm either damn good at it or she's just stubborn as hell and wont give up (I'd say bitching but that not very nice) complaining.

I mean, come on. I buy her a new wash board every time she wears one out, and those suckers are getting harder to find.
:rofl::rofl:

Just jeans and T shirt. Shorts in the summer, Flannel shirt and long jeans in the winter..Keep it Simple....
upload_2020-6-21_9-54-41.png

upload_2020-6-21_9-56-12.png

My stuff falls into three categories. Nice stuff (no holes, no stains) for going out in public. As something happens to that stuff, it gets downgraded to work stuff. I still work a few days a week and that can be dirty at times. The last stop before going in the rag bin is grubs, which is what I wear in the shop. All of this is t-shirt and jeans. I have several shop shirts/coats that stay out there - they can get real grimy real quick. Long pants only unless it's summer and I'm doing something that won't leave a scar.

Whatever I got on when I can slip out there. Hate wearing shorts as I always end up on the ground and its not blistering hot here.

So I'm curious as to what you guys wear in the shop??

Do you just use old clothes that you don't mind if they get dirty??

Do you buy name brand work clothes like dickies brand work pants??

Do you have a shop type uniform ??

Pretty much, what are you wearing :rolleyes:
Uhhh. I'll tell you what I'm wearing, If you tell me what you are wearing right now...........:poke::poke::lol:

I always wear black, black t shirt and black pants, I have been wearing black for years now, it dont show stains as bad.:)

20200326_174339.jpg

-
Back