work truck

-

ef8340

Reaction score
i decided to move this thread to the restoration area instead of general discussion acouple of months ago i purchased a 74 dodge D100 adventurer pick up it was the farmers helper until a dash fire took it out of action luckly the farmer saved it before the fire really messed it up my brother found it on craigslist for 500 bucks and seeing how it was roughly 5 blocks away 'country blocks that is' i had to take a look it was kinda ruff but had potental the main goal for this truck is get it back up and running and make it dependable and for a side note just have fun with it
here it is when i went to go look at it
randomkimpicture2010004.jpg

randomkimpicture2010005.jpg

randomkimpicture2010006.jpg

randomkimpicture2010003.jpg

randomkimpicture2010002.jpg

definetly something to play with
factory 360/727/8 3/4 3:23 ,A.C, P.S, P.B and nice color to boot
first thingwas a cleaning mostly getting the trash outta there
terrys078.jpg

terrys068.jpg

terrys079.jpg

next i tore into the dash to see what was needed to fix the fire damage dash harness,alot of the duct work, heater/ac core cover ' glove box liner
terrys072.jpg

terrys073.jpg

terrys071.jpg

terrys070.jpg

terrys069.jpg

terrys076.jpg

thought this was kinda interesting i found atleast 5 or 6 unused 12 gauge shells 3 of which were in the glove box this one was the craziest
terrys075.jpg

i was able to get all the parts replaced at my local wrecking yard gosh these truck kinda remind of darts and dusters in a wrecking yard back in the early ninties there was alot to choose from sorry no pics here had to carry my parts and tools no room for a camera
got everything changed out and repainted the dash and pad
randomkimpicture2010015.jpg

randomkimpicture2010014.jpg

more to come

I had a '79 Ramcharger which had a fire under the dash...

Have a buddy who scrapped a couple o' '70s Dodge truck out which had fires under the dash...

Do I see a reoccurring theme here? :-D

Looks like a fun project!

You have it under the title of work truck. Is that because of what it was or is that what you plan on doing with it?

Looks like a fun project. I have gotten the bug again. I started working on my 75 W100 4X4 this week. I am thinking about doing a restoration thread on it too. I wish I could find a dash cap in that good of shape here. The sun just bakes them. Keep up the good work.

Nice truck!
I am seriously lusting after a nice older Ram, anything from 70 on up, honestly, but for me its gotta be 4x4.
$500 though, that'd be awful hard for me to pass up...

yes this will be a work truck as the dart is killing me in gas 100 bucks a week ialso got a new bed for it it hasa big dent in it where the gas cap is but the old bed was okay in that area so i save that part gonna try my patch panel skills in acouple of months i need to get this truck up and going by income tax time as the dart will finally be getting painted

badart
i'll check when i go back to the wrecking yard for a dash pad and let you know if i find anything

I'm finding out that's there a certain following for these older trucks beyond what I expected. I use my '89 Ramcharger as a daily driver and parts runner and there's several '70s and '80s Dodges on the road around here still. I'd say about 95% percent of the owners wave to me as I'm driving. The '94 and newer owners, not so much.

Seems like the owners of these trucks have an appreciation for the others, no matter what condition. My RC isn't the prettiest and I had a guy in a sweet late '70s Power Wagon asking me questions about it the other day.

They're starting to come into their own. Now if we could just convince the aftermarket of that for parts we need...

They're starting to come into their own. Now if we could just convince the aftermarket of that for parts we need...

Good luck with that! lol...these are mopar trucks remember

I too have a love affair with these rams and ramchargers/power wagons...finding one around here in nice shape is almost next to impossible though

how much mileage are you guys getting with one of these with v8 or diesel?

BTW, cool resto thread! keep us posted! I know how it feels to spend 100 bucks in gas a week:toothy10:

-
Back