-
Status
Not open for further replies.

travis3111

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Alright - UPDATE More pics. Any input would be nice! What is this car worth?? See link.
http://s813.photobucket.com/albums/...=slideshow&track=share_email_album_view_click

Trying to get into the Mopar world and I think I found a really nice car that i can get into for not to much. So I need help from people who know.
What I know about the car from the VIN Decoder

Vehicle Identification Number: LH23G2B486021
Vehicle Model: Dart/Demon
Vehicle Class: High Price Class (Dart Custom, Dart Swinger, Charger Coupe, Coronet Custom, Challenger)
Vehicle Body Style: 2 Door Hardtop
Vehicle Engine: 318 CID/150 HP or 155 HP 2 BBL V8
Vehicle Year: 1972
Vehicle Assembly Plant: Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA
Assembly Sequence Number: 486021

As you can see from the pics the car does not have the original engine. I believe a 340 is now in it. Very nice paint and interior. The car was picked up by the guy who owns it now from the guy who redid the car but i guess he ran out of money.

If any of you know what this car would be worth then I would appreciate your input. I know i did not give you much to work off of.
And specific questions I should ask would also be helpful.

Thanks!

Dart 1.jpg

Dart 2.jpg

Dart 3.jpg

Dart 4.jpg

One thing I would check is to make sure it is a 340. If you look on the pass side of the block below the head it will have the motor size stamped on the side. IE 318,360,340.

Look for rust in the 1/4 and lift up the carpit and look at the floors for rust. Most of the time if there is rust it will be at the driver or passengers feet from a leack i n the fire wall.

I don't know as far as price goes now a days things are all out of wack. But if the paint is nice and it does not need any body work or a repaint I would say around 3-5K? But thats just what I would pay. In the end it is up to you and how bad you want it.

Good luck to you hope you get it. It does look like a nice car from the pics.

Thanks for your response. I would think 3-5k is kinda low but it is only worth what someone would pay for it.

Anybody else want to comment? I would have thought this car would get a fair amount of attention!!

NEED ADVISE!

6 to 8K in todays market if its not all rusty in my opinion. However in the real world if you bought a fixer upper for $1,000 it would probably cost you about another 10K to get the car in the condition that car appears to be in.

Just know your money ahead to buy a car that doesn't need any work for you to be happy with it in todays market.

I would really check how they took out the side markers. If they used a bunch of Bondo, how thick? USe a magnet on the rear 1/4's right above the wheels, these cars rust there alot. Also the rear lower part of the fenders. From the pics the car looks really clean. If I had to guess I would say around 4-6k. But that would be in my neck of the woods. Up north they would probley go for higher that that. In a Chebby or Furd town less.

Kind of a cool car.There are alot of things I would redo.
Still,from what I can see, a great starting point.
Kind of on the fence with the Hemi hood.

As far as how much its worth....Like you said.....Its worth as much as someone will give you.

Around here SF bay area its a 4000.00 car or right around there.Now that car 20 years ago would be less than 1000.00 looks good though
icon14.gif
all in all.

certainly would not call it a perfumed pig, appears to be a nice cruiser, esp if it REALLY has a 340 and a 727 and a 8.75 rear end. HOWEVER it depends totally on what YOU are looking for? ( I know I will get flack for this but here goes)
The car is worth what it is worth to you.....( purists will certainly argue this point) BUT a well fashioned clone for less money is the way to go. You get all the benefits of a hotass muscle car for about a 1/3 rd of what a purebred costs.....if you are just starting out shop around check ebay and a few other sites on what the model you want goes for, match that to your budget and select one. THEN take it to a local restoration shop and have THEM look it over and check it out and give you an opinion. from there it is all up to you.
that car if it is NOT all doe'd up has a real 340 and 727 and a 8.75 could bring 10k in yesterdays market might go as high as 20
Check the brakes make sure you have the big set and NOT the /6 versions....beyond that its your call....it does look nice....how does it run? any smoke?

for the love of God, PLEASE get that GM corvette style air cleaner off there, that's just blasphemous

Down south that car would fetch an easy $7,500-$10,000 if it doesn't have any rust issues or needs any major mechanical work.

Here ya go. According to the April 2010 Old Cars Price guide it's listed like this.
#1 car= $12000, show room new
#2 car= $8400, superior restoration or excellant original
#3 car= $5400, completly operational, ametuer restoration, 20 footer
#4 car= $2400, Good drivable car needing only minor work, poor restoration
#5 car= $1440, Restorable, may not be running
#6 car= $480, parts car

It takes a pretty good car to make a #1 or #2. This is reality gentlemen.
Small Block

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back