Would a Split Bench seat from another model work in a dart?

-

swinger74

Reaction score
Hello, i can't seem to find a split bench seat for my Dodge Swinger and was wondering if a split bench from another model (like a volare) would bolt up to my Dodge?

Thanks
Ryan

as long as it is not to wide you can make it fit. You might have to modify the tracks for the floor contour, but it is doable!

I'm afraid the Volare bench would be too wide. If so, you could close the doors.
If I was going to any effort and expense to install alternate seats they would be something a lot more adjustable/comfortable.

Where are you located? I don't see a location listed in your profile. I have a front split bench from a '70 Dart I would sell you if you're near-ish to Milwaukee or Northern IL.

Where are you located? I don't see a location listed in your profile. I have a front split bench from a '70 Dart I would sell you if you're near-ish to Milwaukee or Northern IL.

I am in Spokane WA

I got a split bench out of my 69 Valiant, 2 door. I'm 20 miles south of Seattle, come take it....
I can send pics.

Well there you go then... one nearby you. Wish I could have helped, good luck!

I have a split bench seat for a 70 Swinger with the headrests but shipping from PA would be too much. Hopefully you found one locally

I think you should go with an a-body seat because it will bolt right in, no fitment issues, but if you still want to know the F-body measurements, I have a split bench for one here I could measure for you, just let me know. Go get that Valiant one near you though.

you can ship a bench through the mail. Might cost a bit but depends how eager you are to get the job done.

I am fixin to ship one real soon so I have the correct year of seat that I want.

They are definitely not all the same ....benches changed almost year by year. many years are similar but there are subtle differences and it depends how picky you are. I am very picky what goes on/in my car so its worth it to me to ship one for a couple hundred bucks and sleep at night knowing I have exactly what I wanted. .....just sayin.

OK, I was in the basement standing right by both of them, so I measured. My A-body bench measured about 51" wide, whereas the FMJ bench measured about 55" wide. So I would say an FMJ bench will not fit in an a-body, at least not easily.

-
Back