would i be an *** ?

-
IMG_5894.gif

It's your car if you wanna keep it, keep it.

Besides, you're already an ***.

lol
^^^^^^^^
literally LOL !!! , RUSTY ...

people all over the place on this : my first new car was a 68 form S 383 fastback , traded it off for a 69 coronet RT , regretted it ever since , always wanted it back , I built this car over of a period of 8ish yrs. , ($$$) , was not built to be a flipper , always said it would be my last hotrod , (4th one).
At 77 yrs. old , I pretty much know , if I sell it , I`ll never have another .
I do feel bad about backing out , it was all conducted over the phone , the guy only lives about an 1 1/2 hours from me , even tho I never met him...
About the only thing I`d want to replace it would be my old hemi car , but it needs serious assembly , not sure if I have it in me anymore !

Last edited:
I would call the guy and explain your delema and see IF he is actually ready with the cash as in immediately. If not, good way out. Either way, if you do not want to let it go, simply tell the guy sorry, may not be right, but at your age some things are just too important to you and not replaceable.

I would call the guy and explain your delema and see IF he is actually ready with the cash as in immediately. If not, good way out. Either way, if you do not want to let it go, simply tell the guy sorry, may not be right, but at your age some things are just too important to you and not replaceable.
Yup. Possession is 9/10 of the law.

Tell the guy what happened to you after you hung up. Tell the guy your story. If he lets you out of the deal gracefully then line him up to be next owner when you pass. If he is an ***......nuff said. Its your car, yes you had a PHONE CONVERSATION, but there are other things at play here. If it were some children you were screwing over then yes, you are an ***. But........c'mon, at 77 you got time to have some fun with it still.

^^^^^^^^

people all over the place on this : my first new car was a 68 form S 383 fastback , traded it off for a 69 coronet RT , regretted it ever since , always wanted it back , I built this car over of a period of 8ish yrs. , ($$$) , was not built to be a flipper , always said it would be my last hotrod , (4th one).
I do feel bad about backing out , it was all conducted over the phone , the guy only lives about an 1 1/2 hours from me , even tho I never met him...
About the only thing I`d want to replace it would be my old hemi car , but it needs serious assembly , not sure if I have it in me anymore !

Keep your car as long as you want. Tell him you will sell it when you are ready, and it may be years down the road. Or when your old Hemi car is done. I don't think I'll ever sell any of mine. I just hope I get my last 68 Barracuda 383 done. I definitely have slowed down, but I will always have a hot Barracuda.

^^^^^^^^

You could always tell him you are having a hard time letting go of it, BUT if he wants to make you feel better about it he is welcome to make you an offer you can’t refuse. :D

Seriously though, just apologize for changing your mind about selling it, and he could be the first person to have the chance if you do decide to sell.

That keeps your honor intact and leaves him the possibility of still getting the car in the future.
If he gets pissed about it, then he’s the ***.

Last edited:
You'd be an *** if you sold it to someone else for $37,500. The worst thing an honest man can do is make an honest mistake. If it were me, I'd be disappointed, but I wouldn't think that you were an ***. As earlier stated, let him know that he will be the first call if/when you decide to sell.

You'd be an *** if you sold it to someone else for $37,500. The worst thing an honest man can do is make an honest mistake. If it were me, I'd be disappointed, but I wouldn't think that you were an ***. As earlier stated, let him know that he will be the first call if/when you decide to sell.

thanks guys , money isnt even entering in to it at this time ...

All depends how the original conversation went. I know that I'd be pretty pissed off if I went home and said "hey honey, just made a deal on the car that I've always wanted... guy is gonna get it running and then give me a call so I can come and get it, can I borrow 35 K...". "Sure honey, here". Next conversation is I'm broken hearted, Asshole changed his mind.....

All depends how the original conversation went. I know that I'd be pretty pissed off if I went home and said "hey honey, just made a deal on the car that I've always wanted... guy is gonna get it running and then give me a call so I can come and get it, can I borrow 35 K...". "Sure honey, here". Next conversation is I'm broken hearted, Asshole changed his mind.....
Nah you'd have to ask the wife for another 7 grand because I raised the price to 42,000, then she'd be the one pissed. lol
Do you still want to buy it?

Nah you'd have to ask the wife for another 7 grand because I raised the price to 42,000, then she'd be the one pissed. lol
Do you still want to buy it?
You go back on your word like that, you are not getting a penny out of me

How many times it goes the other way....

"Oh ya, I'm getting a trailer from my boss and ill be there Monday"

Tues....."i got covid"

Big deal. Move on buy/sell from someone else.

If you have to ask your wife you ain't doin it right. You have am account with the budget in it and you pull the trigger when you want.

$0.02

-
Back