VET, CPT, Huey Medevac Pilot
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
If I said that a 70Dart w360 mag
and /6 kframe with
1.03 torsion bars,
factory sway bar, gas shocks, KelseyHays discs,
offset upper control arm bushings for more caster,

.... that the car should be close to factory fender height when the torsion adjuster would be
Halfway in the middle of the available amount of adjustment

Maybe. The adjusting T bar height bolt/screw isn’t the issue on how far out or in it is, but is there just to set the ride height. The thing being is the new T bar has a different rate and may require the screw to be more in or out depending on the T bar thickness, actual tire height, stock or not, actual clocked position of the hex end, cars weight, engine weight, trans weight, etc….

It’s a variable.

I do know that when the 6s were in my cars there was quite a difference between the adjusters. Drivers side bolt was turned in farther. With the V8 in there they were more or less equal on adjustment. Kim

You will get a bunch of opinions here...and you could always follow the service manual to set ride height. I have always set my ride height by what looks best to me, nothing crazy though.

.... that the car should be close to factory fender height when the torsion adjuster would be
Halfway in the middle of the available amount of adjustment

yeah, that sounds close-ish.

just don't forget to set your ride height with the sway bar loose and remember to torque the LCA nuts when the weight of the car is on the ground.

-
Back